26| Santorini

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Santorini

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 26: Santorini (Jules's POV)

"Yes, yes, I will fly in tomorrow and meet you and Alex and Naomi at the hotel," I laughed, squeezing Mom in a hug before doing the same to Dad and then stepping back. 

"We," Christian said, sliding the cart over to my Dad after loading their suitcases on top of it. "She means we will fly in tomorrow," he corrected, glancing down at me. 

I turned to look at him, quickly tearing my gaze away while clearing my throat. "Don't miss your flight, you guys should head inside," I said to my parents. 

"All right, we'll see you soon," Mom grinned, kissing my cheek and then pulling Christian down, doing the same to him. 

He chuckled and stood back upright once she stepped back, glancing at me and laughing out, "Okay." 

"Mom!" I exclaimed, staring at her in disbelief. 

"What? Please, we've known him for years now, shut up Jules." 

"All right, that's my cue to take your mother away," Dad snickered, putting an arm around her shoulder and steering her inside before coming back for the trolley. "Bye, peach," he said, kissing the top of my head and then patting Christian's shoulder. 

"Bye!" Christian and I called out after them simultaneously. As soon as they were out of sight, I spun around to face him. "Jesus," I mumbled, reaching up and swiftly wiping the lipstick my mother smeared on his cheek. "She needs to get a hold of herself." 

"I don't mind it," he replied with a small shrug. "At least it's got you looking at me again since you came over for dinner." 

My fingers slowed before freezing on his skin. 

It had been nearly a week since I went over to Christian's house for dinner that night and got a candlelight dinner I wasn't expecting instead. We would fly out to Santorini tomorrow and from that night until now, I tried my best to avoid Christian. 

That night, even if our conversations were solely about the past, I didn't hate it. Sitting with him on that couch while he charmed me with his dimples and platonic caresses, I didn't hate it. What I hated was waking up the next morning with Christian's arms around me. What I hated, even more, was my reaction the next morning. I had forgotten everything for a split second, everything that happened in the past. 

It felt like we were together again, like nothing ever went wrong, like we were still engaged and in love and waiting for the right moment to get married. And I held him tighter. I touched his face. I leaned in to kiss him too before reality crashed down and hit me like a wave. Then I kicked him off the couch. 

He woke up wincing and touching his torso while the air was knocked out of him. "Jesus Christ, Jules, what is wrong with you?" He squinted his eyes open, staring at me before propping himself onto his elbows. 

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?!" I stared at him in disbelief. "We slept together!" 

"Really?" he smirked in amusement.