49| Lies

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Lies

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 49: Lies (Christian's POV)

Something was off the next morning, something had gone extremely wrong. 

Jules's alarm never rang. Because Jules was up and at it way before me. And if Jules is waking up early then you know something is off. 

I sat up, running a hand through my hair and taking a look around the dim room. "Jules?" I called out. When she didn't reply and I paid more attention, I could hear the shower water running. 

Oh, that's right. It's Alex's wedding day today. 

Dragging myself out of bed, I made it to the bathroom, leaning against the wall and knocking on the door before opening it just an inch. "Milaya." 

"You can come in!" she called out. 

I pushed the door open and stood in the doorway, my back against it as I watched her. The matte coating on the glass cabin hid everything below her shoulders as she wiped the water from her eyes and met my gaze, sending me a cute little wave. I chuckled, blinking slowly before stepping forward staying on this side of that glass door but now that I stood nearer, I was standing well above that barrier and could see her clearly. 

My gaze dropped lower but she scoffed, hitting a fist on the glass. "Don't look!" 

I lifted my eyes back to hers, slowly backing up and grabbing my toothbrush. "How come you're up early?" I questioned, watching her as I began brushing my teeth. 

"I have to get ready. The wedding is supposed to be at noon." 

"It's barely nine." 

She shot me a look while tying her hair into a low bun. "It's my brother's wedding." She grabbed some shower gel. "Do you need your suit ironed? We can go to the laundry room downstairs and do it ourselves or ask the hotel staff." 

"I can go," I said once I finished brushing my teeth. 

"Your dress needs to be ironed lightly, right?" 

She nodded. "Go a bit later," she grinned sheepishly, watching me. 

"Why?" I lifted a brow. "It's your brother's wedding," I mocked. 

She clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes at me. "Don't be annoying." 

"Don't get bratty." 

"Bratty?" She laughed humorlessly, "I can get brattier, want to see?" 

"No," I shook my head immediately. 

She glanced at my sweatpants. "Strip." 

"Excuse me? Ms. Declan, your brother is getting married in a few hours and you're asking for a strip tease?" 

A soft groan of annoyance escaped her before she turned her back on me and began rinsing off. 

Kicking my sweatpants off, I pulled the door open and joined her, tugging her hair out of the bun it was in.