28| Bride

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Bride

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 28: Bride (Jules's POV)

"Stall it, stall it, stall it," I ground out as we slowly approached the front desk. 

"What?" Christian mumbled in confusion. 

"If we wait till the others leave, we can get a second room without them knowing," I huffed, stopping at the counter before removing my hand from his. 

He stared at me for a moment and then ignored me, turning to the receptionist. "There should be a room booked under Christian Lukov, we would like to check-in, please," he said. 

"Christian, I'm serious," I hissed, nudging him. 

He grabbed my arm as I continued to elbow him and jerked me forward, silencing me with surprise. "So am I," he said, neither one of us looking away. 

"Mr. Lukov, please fill in this form for us while I bring out your room key," the woman smiled politely, handing over a clipboard to him before turning around. 

"Why are we sharing a room when we have the option to do otherwise?" I questioned, glaring at him. Just because things had been going well for the most part, and we were finally cooperating with each other didn't mean I wanted to share a room and bed with the man. 

"We're staying in the exact same hotel as your family, Jules, as your entire family." He glanced at me as he continued to fill out the form with his information. "Let me remind you that if anyone ends up with a room near ours and learns that we aren't staying together, it'll be your loss." He finished up with a signature at the bottom of the page before sliding it back to the employee. "Not mine," he ended while meeting my gaze. "So let's be logical and practical without taking that risk. Let's stick to the plan." 

"Here's your key," the woman said, clearing her throat and holding it out. 

Suppressing a sigh, I took the key from the employee while a bellboy came and took our luggage, heading towards our room first. Christian, on the other hand, turned his attention back to me after making sure none of our stuff was left behind. "Do you really think we're at the stage where we can share a room without strangling each other?" I asked. 

"We've been around each other a lot these past few weeks and we haven't strangled each other yet," he replied. 

"I'm very tempted right now," I shrugged. 

"Then I'm afraid you must wait till we're upstairs, Milaya," he smirked before taking my hand and slipping his fingers between mine as we walked back to my family. 

"Checked in?" my Dad asked us. 

We nodded simultaneously. 

"If you're hungry, the hotel has twenty-four hours of room service, so you guys can order," Audrey shrugged before taking all her shopping bags. "I'm going to call it a night. Bye guys, bye Mr. and Mrs. Declan," she smiled at them before rushing forward to get into the elevator.