50| Yours

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Yours

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 50: Yours (Jules's POV)

Christian and I sat side by side in the lobby while Alex and my parents went into his dressing room. Naomi and her parents were blissfully unaware of the current situation and Callum was helping out with the decorations on the terrace. 

I sighed, still holding onto Christian's arm as my head rested on his shoulder. "It's like we're waiting at a hospital to hear if someone finally had a baby," I mumbled. 

He lifted his head from where it rested on top of mine and I looked up at him. He stared at me blankly. "Seriously?" 

"Sorry," I said sheepishly, kissing his jaw. 

"I know you're highly amused at the moment but I hope you realize that your brother is in there telling your parents everything and quite likely, trying to ruin our relationship," he huffed. 

"He's not trying to ruin our relationship, Christian. We don't know what your father told him, it was probably exaggerated and false." 

"But he doesn't know that, Jules. Your parents won't know that." 

"Which is why we're still here. So that when they're all calm enough, we can tell them the truth." 

He held my gaze. 

"It's okay," I reassured, "you still have me and I still have you." 

"Your parents will hate me." 

"No, they won't. I'm sure they'll understand." 

He sighed in defeat and kissed my forehead, his lips lingering there. We both faced ahead as the door opened and my Dad walked out, pinching the bridge of his nose. 

"Uh oh," I whispered. 

"That's not a good sign," Christian mumbled beside me. 

Dad stopped in front of us and folded his arms across his chest, glancing between us before his eyes settled and narrowed on Christian. "I'd like to talk to you." 

"No," I beat Christian to it. "You can talk to us." 

"Jules, don't intervene." 

"Am I the one intervening, Dad? Or is everybody around me intervening in my relationship?" I asked calmly, shooting him a pointed look. 

He paused and then nodded. "Fair enough. Both of you might as well come inside then." 

Exchanging a look, we stood up and followed my Dad back into the dressing room Alex had for the day and when we walked in, we found Alex sitting in his chair while Mom sat on the loveseat by the window. Dad shut the door behind us and took the spot beside Mom, all three of them looking at us expectantly. 

"This feels like an intervention," I mumbled. 

"It should be an interrogation," Alex bit out, glaring at Christian.