31| Picture

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Picture

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 31: Picture (Christian's POV)

"Husbands!" Audrey yelled, coming out of the trial room area next door. Everyone waiting out here turned to her. "And fiancés," she added, shooting Alex and me a grin. "You're invited inside to come see what your ladies are wearing. If you want," she shrugged and then spun back around, sauntering into the room. 

A few men stayed seated and resumed their conversations. 

Glancing at the door, I stood up, my hands remaining tucked into pockets as I walked over stopping at the door when Alex grabbed the doorknob, turning to me. Facing him, I lifted a brow. "What?" 

"Where do you think you're going?" 

"Exactly where you're going. Fiancés invited," I smirked. 

"Christian," he warned. 

"Alex," I mocked, taking a step forward and knocking his hand off the doorknob. "You can't keep me away from her," I said. 

"You son of a bitch," he scoffed, "just leave her alone. Stay away from her." 

"That's not what I want. That's not what she wants." I couldn't be bothered to hear another word out of his mouth, so pushing the door open, I walked in, taking in a quick scan of the room. 

The large room had changing rooms spread along each wall, left and right, each of them guarded with tall, matte black doors. Regardless of the mirrors inside each changing room, the front wall of the room was solely a mirror, plastered onto the entire wall and all the women came out of the changing rooms just to discuss and deliberate their dresses. 

"Look who's here," Aunt Jackie exclaimed, glancing at me. 

"Jules, it's your fiancé, hurry up!" Ginny laughed, knocking on the last door as she stepped out of her own dressing room. 

The door unlocked just a second later and Jules stuck her head out, spotting me almost instantly. 

"He's the first one here, he gets bonus points," Aunt Clarissa said, flashing me an approving look. 

I nodded in appreciation, pulling on a small smile. The door opened behind me and a few more people came strolling in, tending to their spouses. 

Jules walked out the door and over to me, glancing at all the women buzzing around the room. "You don't have to be here. You can wait outside if this is uncomfortable for you," she said, her eyes dropping to my hand that still held her hair clip. "Thanks, I was looking for that." She snatched it off and put her hair back into a low bun before, flashing one of her aunts a smile as they walked past and then looking back at me. "You'll get bored here." 

"I can guarantee that I won't," I replied, my eyes trailing down her dress. I took in the way this lighter green dress sat on her bed, the way it was tighter around her waist and chest, the way the straps were tied at the back of her neck, and even the way the dress didn't fit right on her hips. "Try the other one," I suggested, my eyes snapping back to her own.