44| Secrets

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Secrets

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 44: Secrets (Jules's POV)

Just like it would every morning, my alarm rang, and once again, Christian was the first person to turn it off. 

I, on the other hand, was a wreck. My head felt like a wall someone was constantly banging against and if I dared to open my eyes right now, I'm almost certain I would die. I grumbled, rolling over to face him and scooting closer. 

"You okay?" he mumbled sleepily, slipping a hand under my top and rubbing my back in soft, lazy circles. 

"My head hurts," I whined, snuggling into his neck, slipping an arm around his torso. 

"There's Advil on your nightstand." 

"When did you do that?" 

"When you were sleeping," he muttered. 

I inhaled deeply, falling quiet for a moment. "I don't want to go on a Santorini tour," I pouted. 

"I don't think you're in any condition to, Milaya," he said, letting out a deep chuckle. 

"Call Alex, tell him we're not coming today, please." 

"I'd rather call Naomi." 

I rolled over, turning my back on him. 

"Only because your brother hates me," he laughed, pulling me back around and throwing a leg over both of mine. 

"Just call anyone, even my parents will do." 

"Okay," he sighed, leaning back and reaching for his phone. I heard the dial tone while he raked his fingers through my hair repeatedly and twirled random strands of my hair around his finger. 

"Good morning, Christian!" I heard my Mom gushing. 

How can anyone be so excited in the morning? 

"I thought I called Luke," he laughed softly. 

"Oh, he's in the shower," she replied, her voice muffled. 

"All right, well, I just called to say that I don't think Jules and I can make it in today," Christian sighed, inching closer to me. "No, nothing's wrong, we're just tired this morning, especially after last night." 

My eyes snapped open and I stared at him in shock. "Don't make it sound like we had sex!" I scolded, keeping my voice down. 

He blinked in realization while my mother chuckled. "No, no, no, not like that, no. Jules was drunk, Maisie, she was drunk." 

I let out a breath, suppressing a laugh and putting my head down on his chest, closing my eyes. 

Christian moved the phone to his other ear so that I couldn't hear her anymore and after a minute or so, he said bye and hung up.