42| Truth

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Truth

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 42: Truth (Jules's POV)

"Ow!" I whined, accidentally banging my knee against the bathroom counter as I pulled a pair of shorts on. 

"You okay?" Christian called out from the other side of the door. 

"No," I mumbled mostly to myself before pulling my top on and then screaming, "Christian!" 

The door opened and Christian stood still, leaning against the doorway. "Yes, Milaya?" 

I held out a hair tie over my shoulder. 

He walked in, chuckling softly, and took the hair tie, gathering my hair over my shoulders and tying it off into a ponytail before wrapping my hair around his fist and tilting my head back, pressing a quick kiss to my cheek and jaw before letting go, twirling a strand of my hair around his finger. 

I giggled sheepishly before brushing my teeth and washing my face all while Christian watched, having already done this for himself. I sighed loudly once I dried off my face and felt Christian sliding that ponytail open, raking his fingers through my hair once before I spun around, looping my arms around his neck and closing my eyes, resting my chin on his shoulder. 

"You seem really tired all of a sudden," he mused, rubbing up and down my back. 

I hummed, "Hold me." 

"You're going to have to come up here then," he replied, his hands sliding down to grip my thighs. 

I pulled myself up, locking my legs around his torso and clinging to him as he held me, making my smile into his shirt as his hands moved up my thighs hesitantly. "You can touch me," I laughed. 

"Not more than this until you're sober, Milaya." He held my ass instead as he left the bathroom, turning the lights off and closing the door before walking us to the bed and sitting at the foot of it, holding my thighs as I remained in place, straddling him. "Don't want to get off, do you?" he questioned. 

I chuckled, "No." My eyes traveled across his face, taking in every inch of his skin, almost testing myself to see how well I had it memorized. "Did you miss me?" I whispered. 

"More than anything," he answered. 

"Then why did you hurt me?" I frowned, brushing his hair back and out of his eyes. 

"I didn't have a choice," he whispered. 

"There's always a choice." 

"Then I made the one that was best for you. It wasn't a risk I was willing to take." 

Leaning forward, I hugged him, resting my chin on his shoulder, wondering out loud, "I wasn't worth the risk?" 

"Of course you were and you still are, Jules. But I couldn't risk losing you for the worst." 

Pulling back in confusion, I asked, "What do you mean?"