47| Rain

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Rain

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 47: Rain (Christian's POV)

"Christian." 

I glanced over at Jules, slowing down the speed of my bike to a stop. 

She stopped beside me and hopped off the bicycle, resting it against the wall. I would have been more than happy to spend the entire day in our room together, but then Jules suggested that we find some bikes and rent them out for the day, so instead of joining the others on a tour, we went on our own. 

Currently, we were biking along the sidewalk near our hotel, on our way back, but the sunset was too perfect to miss. 

"Let's stay for a while," she said, resting her hands on the wall that stopped just above my waist. 

I got off the bike, placed mine with hers, and stood beside her, both of us staring ahead, watching the sun slowly sink into the ocean. 

"This is such a beautiful view," she mumbled. 

I glanced down at her, our hands brushing on the stone wall. "It really is," I agreed, staring at her. 

She snorted, glancing at me out of the corner. "We've had one too many moments like these, Christian." 

"Like what?" I asked, amused. 

"Moments where I say 'Oh, look at the view' and you reply with... that," she sighed, turning to me.

"With... what?" I lifted a brow, inching closer to her. 

"With those eyes and that look." 

"Which look, Red?" 

She paused, a soft smile dancing on her lips. "A look that tells me I'm what you're staring at instead of admiring this breathtaking sunset." 

"I'm admiring my breathtaking woman," I replied with a small shrug. 

She laughed softly, taking my jaw and turning my head the other way so I faced straight forward. "Admire the view. I'm not going anywhere." After a minute she added, "Well, you never know." 

"I know I'm not letting you go this time, Milaya," I responded. 

"Then I suppose it's a good thing that I wouldn't want to be anywhere else." She glanced at me before focusing ahead. "The rehearsal dinner and engagement are tonight. I don't think we can stay for long," she mumbled. 

"Where is the engagement happening anyway?" 

"On some fancy private terrace restaurant. Alex wouldn't say but apparently, the view is something to look forward to there as well. Good food, good wine, good view. It's the engagement they've always wanted. I'm happy for him," she chuckled. 

"What about you?" I questioned. 

She hummed in confusion.