The Main Six Sleep Headcanons

Individually

- Gov likes to work. Well he doesn't like to work, but he forces himself to work and that often means working in the middle of the night. It's not good for him and he'll often fall asleep at his desk, but that's Gov for you. He snores, quietly. He also rolls around in his sleep.

- Florida doesn't sleep. Kinda. Most states like to sleep because who doesn't like to sleep, but they can go for longer stretches of time without sleep. Florida will often take advantage of this and stay awake for multiple days causing chaos and partying, with brief intervals of passing out on the couch, floor, table, etc. before going on to the next party. It's not insomnia if it's a willing choice. He does actually sleep sometimes, however, so don't freak out too much. When he's asleep he kicks a lot and sleeps above the covers usually. He also has nightmares sometimes.

- Loui gets more sleep than Florida. He does party through the night quite a bit, but he'll eventually lay down in bed for some nice sleep since he likes to treat himself. He sleeps deeply and loves to be curled up in the covers. He snores. LOUDLY. Besides the snoring he's the best guy to sleep with because he's cuddly and still.

- California often falls asleep on his laptop at 2 am because he went down a rabbit hole and got distracted. When he does go to sleep he moves around a lot and is easily awoken. Does not snore at least which is good.

- New York doesn't sleep. Ever. Except when he does. New York has insomnia, so he'll often be awake through the night and because he's a state he can go for a week and a half before finally passing out. It's just often hard for him to quiet his mind and get comfortable what with NYC banging around in his skull like a jackhammer.

- Texas...has a regular sleep schedule. He likes to get his eight hours and usually goes to bed at the same time of night. He doesn't usually stay up past midnight. He also snores, not quite as loud as Loui, but still pretty loud. He's also a sleep cuddler. Little spoon, big spoon. He doesn't like to admit being a cuddler in any sense, but he is. He sleeps with pillows for him to cuddle (and not body pillows just regular pillows).

Together

- Dear lord these six trying to sleep in the same bed.

- For like, the first three weeks of their relationship they didn't sleep in the same bed. You don't have to sleep in the same bed to be in a romantic relationship, but Gov and Texas were the ones who were really concerned about it. Gov because he knew eventually they would have to sleep in the same bed and he wanted to see how it would work out and Texas because even though he entered a polyamorous relationship with five other dudes he still clings to those traditional ideas of love.

- Of course the first time they actually slept together in the same bed was after their first time having sex, which was an ordeal of it's own. But then came laying in bed afterwards and...

- It was Texas's bed because of course it was. Everything's bigger in Texas's room, even somehow his room which makes no sense since all the states have the same sized room, but I digress. Even with Texas's king sized bed, however, it was a tight fit. They were all squeezed together except for Florida who was on top of everyone.

- Texas and Gov fell asleep almost immediately because obviously they did. Loui followed afterward and those three kinda just settled into a very nice cuddle pile. I'm actually imagining Gov in the middle with Texas and Loui on either side.

- California, Florida, and New York were left awake. Cali was on the edge of falling asleep but it wasn't quite his bedtime yet, plus he was nervous about it because he knows he's a hassle to sleep with. New York and Florida were the ones who were really awake, although honestly they were both too nervous to fall asleep. Florida usually has a hard time falling asleep because he's always keyed up, but this time he was very content feeling so it should have been easy to fall asleep, but he also knows that he's a mess to sleep with. New York was just awake because of insomnia, but honestly did not know what to do since when he has insomnia he doesn't usually stay in bed-but it would be rude to leave right?

- California and Florida do eventually fall asleep, and New York does stay in the bed playing on his phone. Cali and Florida are nuisances though who constantly move around in their sleep. Cali is only slightly better because he's on the edge by the wall, so he's only messing with Texas. Meanwhile Florida is spread out on top of everyone so he's just rolling and kicking around on top of them.

- New York is SUFFERING, and has to use headphones because fucking Texas and Louisiana are snoring way too fucking loud for him.

- In the morning everyone is sore and bruised, mostly from Florida's chaotic sleeping, but it was a good time, well except for New York.

- After this night they fall more into a pattern. They will sleep with all six in the same bed sometimes, but usually they split off at night and sleep in pairs or trios, or sometimes they just all sleep in their own beds (or don't sleep)

- The first time New York actually fell asleep with one of his boyfriends was with Gov and it completely took him off guard when he woke up being spooned by Gov and feeling well rested.

---------------

Massachusetts: Are you a big spoon or a little spoon?
New York: I'm a knife.
Gov, from the hallway: He's a little spoon!