The States and Music

- Pretty much everyone in the south can play an instrument, or sing. Guitars, banjos, and harmonicas are pretty common. I think of them Florida has no musical talent, but he can dance! I imagine that the south has a lot of jam sessions on the porch, and they're all surprisingly really good, even other states will watch.

- Johnny Cash did a duet with John Denver of "Take Me Home, Country Roads," so I headcanon that Arkansas and West Virginia have also sang that song together before, both playing the guitar. Off topic but honestly I think they'd be friends, since they have a lot of the same stereotypes and a great appreciation for the outdoors.

- Georgia is actually a really good rapper. Atlanta was the center of hip-hop music for a long time. For a man who is usually half asleep he has great flow and it's one of the things he likes to show off. Ask him to freestyle at parties, it's a treat.

- Georgia also greatly enjoys rock music.

- Arkansas is mostly a country boy, but has a love for rock music that most don't know about. You think a man who had Evanescence born in his capital doesn't like rock music? His voice is untrained and not spectacular, but it is a sharp and keening voice suited for country and rock. Plus he just sings like he means it so that's good.

- Texas's voice is not perfect, but it's fucking good. He has his gravely tone and passion to it that just sells anything he sings. He's best suited for outlaw country.

- Texas also has a love for rock music that he's not so open about. The rock music he likes is a lot of the weird not mainstream stuff. Austin's favorite kind of music is rock (another reason why Texas isn't so open about his interest in rock music), which is so weird for a guy with a sweet smile. If he were allowed to be outside for more than a few seconds then he would make a great rock singer.

- Texas is also good at singing Tejano music, which is a fusion of the music that came to Texas with their people, but in particular German, Mexican, and African-American music.

- Florida doesn't have much musical talent himself, but he does have a very eclectic taste in music. Ranging from bubble gum pop to Latin music to death metal of all things (btw you have Florida to blame for Limp Bizkit).

- Florida is an accomplished dancer though. Despite having no ass it is canon that he is great at Latin dancing like salsa, tango, meringue.

- Washington is insanely musical. He's the birthplace of grunge, and has a long and proud history of rock music. He's got an a great voice for rock music and plays, bass, guitar, and drums. He's also really good at producing music. But, he's also a fucking snob when it comes to his music and he will judge you if you like/dislike a certain band or album.

- New York is a musical theatre nerd, this is canon. He has an amazing voice for theatre and is a good actor to boot, so if you ever catch him singing (highly unlikely) you are in for a good show. Unrelated to music, but he's also a great

- Aside from musical theatre, of course he loves punk music.

- Oregon also likes punk music like Washington. He's not quite so snobbish about his taste as Washington however. He doesn't play music actually.

- Louisiana can play the accordion, fiddle, washboard, jug, trumpet, saxophone, and piano. He's incredibly musically talented and has a great voice for jazz and blues. That Cajun accent does wonders when sung.

- Texas actually has a great appreciation for Creole and Zydeco music from Louisiana, as those genres are also common in the bits of him close to Louisiana. He isn't super vocal about it but during those jamming sessions Louis takes over and starts singing a Zydeco classic Texas will get into it.

- Tennessee is a classic country man. But he has the gall to defend Bro Country and Boyfriend Country so he loses points in my book for that. But, he doesn't just like country, shockingly. Everyone forgets that he was very influential in the Blues and Rock 'n Roll, so he's actually quite into those genres as well. He has a great voice. He also doesn't hesitate to brag about his musical history, so California doesn't hesitate to remind him that he would be nowhere musically without black people so he better be bragging about them just as much as the white people.

- Kentucky has a very sweet voice, and of course is most interested in bluegrass and Appalachian music. He also plays the jug.

- Mississippi is the home of the blues, and he's got the best voice of the south. His voice is haunting and passionate and eerily powerful and authentic. He'll get so into the music he forgets to play.

- Gov likes oldies music. He likes Jazz and Folk music, he also has an appreciation for Bluegrass. Also, opera of all things. He's not a musician, but he's actually a good jazz dancer. He does like more modern types of music like R&B and Go-Go music of all things.

- DC District is...oh my god the things I have learned about him. So he loves prog rock (progressive rock), that's normal. He's also into hardcore punk music, or as it was known in DC, harDCore. I could not make that up. What I couldn't make up more is that he created Emo music and is in fact and Emo kid. He's more of a punk kid but him being an emo kid is funnier, especially considering his "you're not my real dad" comment at Gov.

- Oh god now comes the California portion of the chapter, strap into your seats boys this is gonna take a while.

- One of California's deepest secrets is he doesn't actually hate country music. He can't even bring himself to hate the shitty stuff they play nowadays. Remember how he called Bakersfield his biggest weakness in the Job Interview episode? Yeah, that's because Bakersfield is basically a southern city stuck in California which had its own country sound so definitive it was called the Bakersfield Sound.

- California was very into the Sunshine Pop, Surf Rock, and "The California Sound" for a while (think the Beach Boys exactly), but took a hard swing into psychedelic rock, folk rock, garage rock, punk rock, rock became his life. Coincidentally this was also when he entered his drug phase. He plays the drums, guitar, and bass, and is also annoyingly good at coming up with lyrics. His voice isn't perfect by any means but he knows how to carry a tune, and often times you don't need a good voice for rock you need an emotive one.

- Nowadays he is outwardly more into pop music and hip hop, though he does not even attempt to make music for those. He does still retain his heavy rock love and occasionally jams out to some Desert Rock/Stoner Rock. Washington and him can often be seen arguing about rock and what is "good" rock. Washington claims California doesn't know how to pick a lane, and California claims that Washington isn't inclusive enough. Oregon takes Washington's side just for the sake of arguing with California.

- California really likes it when Texas sings Tejano music, because it's similar to Chicano rock, which he is also a fan of. Don't tell Texas.

- California is big into music trivia, and he hates that there are a lot of areas where his knowledge falls short.

(Y'all are gonna have to wait to see more of The West, Northeast, and any of the Midwest)