Historical Headcanons: 1700s

Before we get into the Revolutionary War we will cover some pre-war headcanons. Revolutionary War Era Headcanons start at the bolded linebreak. TW for mentions of temporary death and war, also talk of witch trials.

- The states above Virginia have pretty much all had to live with each other at some point, which did not foster for great personal relations at the time. There was a LOT of fighting between them. Notable ones are Delaware holding grudges against both Pennsylvania and Maryland, and the unfortunate Dominion of New England which forced New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Maine to live together. It was...bad, and it isn't something anyone wants to get into, but if you wonder why those states argue so much today it's because of that.  Both New York and Massachusetts threw their own separate rebellions because they hated it so much.

- Rhodie back in the day was "the nice one" if you can call any Northeast State nice. He didn't get into fights (you know besides burning down a British ship but that is later) and was very tolerant of people. He had to deal with so much shit from the other Northeast states starting shit that he had practically a permanent frown on his face.

- That said, let's also not forget Penn who was also quite tolerant and chill, possibly because New Jersey was too busy fighting over land claims with New York to fight with PA.

- Massachusetts was part of not one, but two witch hunts. One of them was when he was living in a small town and they were having a bad crop and illness one year, so they obviously blamed the mysterious guy at the edge of town who seemed to be in impeccable health. He was hung and died, and skipped town as soon as he resurrected, which convinced the townsfolk that he was indeed a witch.

- The other witch hunt was the famous Salem Witch Hunt. He didn't actually die this time around, but he got damn near close to it. He had to escape the cell they were holding him in while starving, dehydrated, and delirious. He...understandably has not talked about either of these experiences.

- Connecticut was also part of a witch hunt, and it's practically the same story. In the wrong place at the wrong time, made for a good scapegoat, and was killed by his own citizens and when he escaped he convinced them of his status as a witch.

- The French Onion War (yes we're calling it that) was the first time all 13 colonies really got together and met each other. Most had had passing meetings before, but they were all conscripted by England for that war and all of them had to fight. This was really the first time they were all in each other's presence for an extended amount of time. After this they decided to start having the meetings, which were basically held wherever they were at the time.

--------------------

The American Revolutionary War:

- Not all of the states have super long detailed headcanons about what they were doing during the war because I could not find a lot of information to say they were doing anything specific other than simply fighting in the war. I did endeavor to include all of them however.

- New York spent about half the war stuck in his own city. The British made New York their base of operations in America during the war, so while sometimes he'd be able to go out and fight other times he'd be caught by soldiers or England himself and put under house arrest.

- New York did hold a bit of a weird place in the war. On one hand, he hated being controlled and the acts as much as the rest of the states. On the other hand, New York and in particular New York City, was considered one of England's crown jewels in their colonialism at the time. Doesn't necessarily mean he wanted to remain British, but only that the immense amount of loyalists in NYC had him questioning things every now and again.