Texas and Mexico (And His Other Psuedo Dads)

Decided to get all my thoughts out on Texas and Mexico in a chapter. This is a historical chapter which I said I would put my historical headcanons in their own chapters but I should probably just put this in it's own chapter because Texas has a grip on my brain and I'm already going to have a lot to say.

So firstly, Texas's daddy issues. As I said in an earlier chapter Texas has three contenders for his dad: France, Spain, and Mexico. As I have also said personifications aren't related to each other unless they choose to be related. I've also said I headcanon personifications appearing fully formed so parental relationships are always a weird thing.

Texas is not related to any of them, and it is unlikely that they viewed their relationship with each other as paternal. For France and Spain, they viewed Texas as just a colony that they owned. Mexico and Texas's relationship is a little more complicated, we'll get to that one later. For now, the Europeans.

Texas views both France and Spain as paternal figures in his life. Both were in semi-guidance mentorship relationships with him and were in control of his life, so that's where the daddy issues come from. The fact is that they didn't see Texas as someone to mentor or guide, they saw as an asset, a dime a dozen and frankly replaceable.

For France, they (I have no idea what gender they would be) were mostly flippant and Texas barely saw them. Spain was more involved with him because he owned him for longer, but was mostly an emotionally distant commanding figure. Texas wanted to please him, and nothing he did as a state or as a person made Spain particularly happy. I don't really think either of them would even consider Texas enough to physically abuse him.

Mexico and Texas's relationship is different, because he (I do headcanon Mexico as a guy) was actually close with Texas. My view on their relationship is Mexico as Texas's pseudo older brother. More experienced, helping him out, and mentoring him where he needed, back when they were both living under Spain's roof. After Mexico rebelled and took the most of New Spain with him, their relationship would have changed.

One of those changes would have been Texas getting an influx of angry American immigrants, but it also would have been a result of their changing relationship. Suddenly Texas is not on the same level as Mexico (they never really were, Mexico was always the preferred colony), Mexico is now in charge of him.

Their relationship would have ended with a large falling out spurred on by Texas's changing views on a statehood level, and a level of Texas as a person feeling unappreciated (even though he didn't have it that bad, it's like when Mass rebelled against England even though things) and like he cannot count on anyone, but himself.

Neither of them is completely without blame for what happened, although I do think a large part of the blame would go to Texas. The point about this chapter is, Texas wanted a father, but each person he pushed those ideas onto did not want it, and even though he never really had a father, he still has those daddy issues in spirit.

Does this make any sense? Texas has daddy issues because he pushed the vision of father or paternal figure onto people who weren't nor wanted to be his father and because of how they treat him that gives him daddy issues. Personifications that try to push human labels onto relationships with other personifications are usually going to get burned, because their identities as personifications mean that there is a level about them that is inhuman. especially with colony colonizer relationships, trying to see that as a positive relationship is just going destroy them psychologically.

...I got too complicated again.

France and Spain were dickhead colonizers, but Texas viewed them in psuedo-paternal positions because he wanted a dad. Because they were dickhead colonizers and did not see themselves as Texas's dads he got daddy issues. Mexico was a older brother figure (and semi paternal figure) to Texas, but changing politics on a state level and daddy issues on a personal level caused his relationship with him to fall apart. To this day Texas has daddy issues, despite the fact that none of them were actually his fathers and thought of themselves as his father. Does this make sense, please god tell me this makes sense.

(I'm just really interested in personifications as they are personifications and how that effects their ability to have relationships.)