𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧

Over dinner, the two came up with a revised plan together. Much like the initial plan, they would spend the rest of the week together and keep their feel-good story of reuniting going. That, however, was only the first phase. What comes next was the work of Anthony.

Come the end of the week Jazmine would tell Daff that she needed time to think. She would ask for space, pack her bags and then return to Chicago with Ant. It had been seen before with people like Chris Brown and Karruche, Drake and Rihanna, and Beyoncé and Jay-Z; the list goes on. What would surely put a fire under a man's ass was the feeling that their woman would leave and never come back. Which brought them to the final phase.

Utilizing the shaderoom and other media coverage Jazmine would make their breakup public. She would drop hints that she and Daff were no longer dating, while also revealing she was spending time with Tone.

Together they would manipulate the image of a blossoming romance. They would be connected at the hip, gushing about their bond and how happy they were to be reconnected, but would never confirm a romantic relationship.

It was a great PR stunt for Ant to release new music and Jazmine to spook Daffyd. Not to mention Anthony would have a chance to show her how a woman was supposed to be treated. It was perfect.

"But," Anthony warned taking a deep breath. "You gotta be prepared to ride it out. Even if it doesn't work."

Setting her fork down, Jazmine raised an eyebrow at him. "What do you mean?"

"There's a chance, and I mean a 50% chance, this guy will let you go and won't give a fuck."

She frowned grabbing her wine. "50% is a bit much", she muttered taking a large gulp.

"When you play stupid games you gotta be ready for a stupid prize. I'm down for the ploy, but if it doesn't go how you want I can't let you throw me under the bus. I got a reputation to look out for. You're lucky I'm willing to give up being a bachelor to play your little game."

Setting down her glass, she sucked her teeth. "Anybody would kill to have me on their arm", she said.

"If that was true, you wouldn't be asking me to do this", he shot back as they stared each other down. She squinted her eyes to just a slit before grabbing at her wine and looking away. "Exactly."

Waving down a waiter he asked for the check. They finished their last glass of wine and handled the tab then got ready to leave out.

"You think the paps are still out there?" Tucking a stray curl behind her ear Jazmine stood and adjusted her dress.

Ant took off his Issey Miyake bomber jacket as he stood to his feet. "A few might be lingering," Draping the expensive garment over Jaz's shoulder he took her by the hand nodding to the door. "One more suggestion."

She followed his lead, lacing her fingers with his. It felt a bit odd and unnatural, but she knew it was for the media. "What is it?"

"If you really want to sell it, don't go home tonight." He pushed the door open and stood beside the valet who had run to retrieve his car. Seeing a few cameras flashing he leaned in speaking only loud enough for her to hear. "I can drop you off at Di's place or your parent's place tonight then take you home in the morning."

Her face lit up in amazement as she turned to him. "Look at the evil mastermind. That's clever."

"I try", he winked then took the keys from the valet helping her in. Jaz shot Diamond a text letting her know she would be spending the night. As they pulled off she texted back giving the okay.

When she arrived, Di open the door and then held her chest as if clutching a string of pearls. "Giiiiirl. What is all this?" She shouted watching Jaz strut through the door. "If this is what you wore to dinner, why are you here? I would've taken you back to the telly."

"If you don't cut it out." Bending down she loosened the clasps of her heels slipping them off her feet.

Locking the door behind her Diamond sighed folding her arms. "What a waste of a good dress."

"It did what it needed to do," she responded taking off her earrings and stashing them in her purse. Pulling her hair onto her shoulder she rolled her eyes looking back. "Please tell me you ain't on your shipping soapbox again."

"Girl, what man in their right mind would agree to scheme with you like this? How can I not ship?" She walked over and helped Jaz with the zipper on her dress. "When you call me saying y'all done fell in love, be ready for an I told you so. I'm calling it now!"

She chuckled getting out of her dress and tossing it onto the back of the couch. "You read too many romance novels." Already in their routine Di went off to get her a change of clothes.

Once she was dressed the two settled down in the room. They caught up on the new plan and how she would be spending time in Chicago. Diamond tried her best to keep the thoughts to herself, but she couldn't contain herself for long.

"So basically you're breaking up with Daff and moving in with Tone? Perfect."

"No, no that's not-" she tried her best to defend it, but generally that was the plan. "Okay not exactly like that."

They looked at each other and burst into laughter. Back at home, Daffyd checked the time. It was getting well past 11, and she still hadn't come home. He swore to himself he wasn't entertaining the bullshit, but he was getting restless.

Grabbing his phone off the coffee table he dialed Jazmine's number. It cut into her and Diamond's conversation, and they both looked down at the name across the screen.

"You gonna pick up?" Di asked looking back over at her.

She thought it over for a moment. Everything in her wanted to accept it but if she got cold feet this early it was no point in going through with her plan. She thought back to Ant's words on Rodeo Drive. Make him sweat. Reaching down she tapped the circle in the bottom right corner of the phone.

Decline.