𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫-𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤

673,227 likes
@jaydacheaves: Dibs 🏆

~

Daffyd had made his first move. It was simple, his face wasn't even in the picture. Jayda was sitting on the arm of a chair in front of a mirror. One arm was draped around his body, and the other held up the camera. The only visible part of his face was his beard. It was still enough to send people into a frenzy. Everybody speculated between him and a few other celebrities. Jazmine recognized him immediately.

"I don't think they're dating, why would she date him?" Di said in disgust.

Jazmine sighed and shook her head. "Because she's thirsty! Like damn we ain't even been broke up that long."

"Ouuu I can't stand that nigga," Diamond shouted. The people scattered around her firm looked through the glass doors of her office. "Got me hollering in front of all the white folks."

"Diamond I shouldn't have done this. This was dumb, I think it's really over," Jazmine groaned, starting to feel her ears getting hot.

"If you don't pull it together. He was just out with some big booty bitches like a week or two ago, ain't no way he's cuffed up."

"He sure looks cuffed to me. Bitch said dibs!"

"Girl even if he wants to cuff her, Jayda is classy. She not about to claim that dusty ass nigga."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?"

"If you want that dusty ass nigga, then yes," she responded simply.

Just then there were two knocks on her bedroom door. Anthony had made breakfast so he came to offer her a plate. When he peeked in he found her holding her head, red with anger. "Aye, what's going on in here?"

"Daffyd being a bitch!" Diamond shouted through the phone. "Same shit different day!"

"What happened?" He asked climbing in bed and rubbing her back.

She buried her face in the covers and held up her phone.

When he saw the photo, he sucked his teeth. "This nigga.. Sit up Jaz."

"No," she whined into the covers.

Pulling Jazmine up, he wrapped his arms around her. She laid her head against him almost lifelessly. "Jazmine, he was just texting you. Use your head."

"So? Bet he was texting bitches while he was cuffed up with me too," She said unenthusiastically.

"He texted you, you ain't respond. This is bait. Don't be stupid, I raised you better than this."

"I didn't text him back so he moved on."

"This nigga almost swung on me when we left LA, and he tried to bait you with that text. He just tryna get a rise out of you."

"Ant got a point," Diamond said suddenly.

"He didn't even post it, she did!" She said holding up her phone again.

"Why do you think he let her do that? Why not his page?"

"I don't know!"

"Cuz if he posted it, he'd look bothered. We were on the red carpet a couple of days ago," he reminded her, playfully knocking on her head. "Stop being emotional, and use your head. You too smart for this Jaz."

"You must know this from experience," Diamond said with a chuckle.

Anthony sighed in response. "When you been in this lifestyle long enough, you see a lot shit."

Jazmine huffed, then looked up at him. "What if you're wrong?"

"Then so what, you knew it was a risk," he said bluntly. As much as he wanted to sugarcoat things for her, she needed to be realistic. "Don't let that shit throw you off your game. If that nigga was willing to buck up at me, he ain't let it go that easily."

"So what, just ignore it?"

"Yes, for now. If it's bothering you that much, I'm going to California for a label meeting on Wednesday."

"Yeah bitch, you can pull a him on him," Diamond said excitedly.

"How?" She asked confused.

"Like what he did with the text. Drop-in on him all bossed up and reel him in," Even though this had nothing to do with her own agenda, Diamond tried to be helpful.

"God, this is so dumb," Jazmine whined.

Anthony sucked his teeth again. "Somehow this feels like the consequences of your actions," he joked, flinching when she hit his arm. "Okay okay, sorry. You got to tighten up though. We gone see this through."

"Y'all I gotta go, my boss beelining to my office," Diamond announced.

"Aight, I got this." Cupping Jazmine's face, he squished her cheeks in. "Tighten up. Stay focused."

"I'm focused," she murmured through her scrunched-up mouth.

"Good, now get dressed. We're going to the beach" he said, getting up.

"But the beach here sucks!"

"The beaches in Cali smell like bad tuna, cut it out," he said fixing his damp shirt. She rolled her eyes. "I made breakfast, you want a plate?"

"Obviously," she said pulling her hair back. Watching him walk out of the room, she felt a calmness. She was thinking tactfully again. If Ant and Di really knew what they were talking about, then she needed to keep her mind right.

If her emotions got the best of her, all this would've been for nothing.

——— A/N

Sorry, this chapter is so short. I figured after the last chapter we needed a break.

The next few chapters will be mostly lighthearted. I think we need a deep breath before what's to come 😅

Also, can we take a moment to appreciate Anthony? He is a real one, never letting his feelings get in the way of being a good friend. Purr