𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲: 𝐉𝐚𝐳𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝟐.𝟓

When they got back to the car, Jazmine finally checked her phone. She had over a hundred notifications from Instagram. Probably that bikini picture going up. Scrolling past all the social media banners she noticed a missed call and two texts from Diamond.

"Code red? Who- what?"

"What?" Anthony asked peeking at her, then back at the street.

Putting up a finger, Jazmine tapped Di's contact instantly calling her. The phone barely rung before she answered.

"Finally!"

"Hey, first of all. You're up for partner. Congratulations babe!" She said excitedly, trying to get that out the way first.

"Yeah yeah, that's nice I know. But bitch, guess who hunted me down in Starbucks?"

"Who?" She asked, figuring this was the code red. She didn't know what to expect. In any case, it would have to be about Daff. Sadly, he was in the back of her thoughts after the beach trip.

"Keith. Keith Wilson."

It finally came together. "Wait a second. What does he know?"

"Daff knows that you're playing him!" Diamond said in frustration. She wanted to tell Jaz bits and pieces of the truth, only enough to influence her. "I didn't confirm or deny anything, but that idiot told me everything. Daff thinks you're testing him and he's trying to counter attack to make you break first."

Rolling her eyes, Jazmine immediate thought about the post with Jayda. "What an idiot," She responded annoyed.

She felt comfort knowing that he hadn't given up on her, but for him to assume she was just joking around? That made her angry in ways she couldn't describe. Was she really that predictable?

"Both of them are damn imbeciles!" Diamond shouted. "If you just want to drop all of this, I fully support it. But-"

"No. He thinks it's a game? Great, perfect. Fuck it, let's play then," Jazmine said calmly.

There was a newfound confidence that had taken over. The self-realization she'd had at the beach had a fire burning inside of her. Now that she knew Daffyd was playing too, she wanted to play better. This was more than just a game now, this was about growth. She was finished getting the short end of the stick. There was no backing down this time. She wanted him to sweat bullets.

"We'll see who plays better."

Diamond froze for a second. This couldn't be the Jazmine who was losing her mind this morning. Anthony was trying to mind his business and focus on driving, but he too was a little stunned.

"Who is this bad bitch, and what have you done with Jaz!" Di shouted excitedly. "What's your next move queen?"

"The Cali drop in is still on. After that, I'm paying him dirt. I'm going to upgrade my business, upgrade my image and be the It-Girl just like y'all said. I'm tired of being the sweet predictable little Jazmine. Those bitches he loves to chase after, I'm gone do them 10x better and act like he doesn't even exist. Let's see how long he thinks it's a game."

"Okay Jazmine 2.0," Anthony said trying to lighten the mood.

Diamond cackled on the other end of the line.

"That's 2.5, thank you very much," she said with a smile and eye roll.

"Okay 2.5, where does Anthony fit in this plan? If you don't mind me asking."

"The same place he did before. Same plan. New stipulations." Looking over at Ant, her demeanor softened. "If that's okay with you."

"No complaints here," he responded raising his eyebrows.

He and Diamond shared the same thoughts: she had reached her breaking point. It was well overdue. She hadn't lied when she said she was sweet and predictable. She was still as bashful and humble as her teenage years. It was what frustrated Diamond and what triggered Daffyd's aversion to her.

Then there was Ant. He had honestly liked her the way she was. Her temperament was soft and quirky, but that wasn't what he loved about her. He loved their connection.

With him she was always fiery and confident, it was only her innocence that held her back. However, he could already see that changing as she was exposed to his new life. It made him wonder if Daff had even tried to bring her out of her shell. All he'd seemed to do was dull her down and keep her stagnant.

"I'm here for all of it," Di said with a big smile. "How does Jazmine 2.5 feel about seducing Anthony."

"Bye Diamond, I'll talk to you later." She said with a laugh. "I love you."

"Boo. Love you too," she responded, hanging up.

Anthony pulled onto the pathway to his house. Looking over at Jasmine, he squinted. "Why don't you say you love me?"

She chuckled, folding her arms. "I show you my boobs one time and now you acting needy," she joked.

"Shut it up." Reaching over he playfully mushed her. She snickered tucking her phone into her purse. With her conversation with Diamond still lingering, his face turned serious. "You know you don't have to change for nobody though, right?" There was a hint of concern in his voice.

"I know." Looking at him, she shrugged her shoulders. "I want to change for me. I owe it to myself," she explained. "Things are changing in my life. I can't keep standing still you know? Yes, between you and Daffyd I feel like I need to grow up... but I do need to."

"Okay, Daffyd I get. Me? Why I make you feel like that?"

"Not you specifically Anti-knee," she said mockingly. "I went into this plan like it would just be me and Ant. That's not all you are anymore, you're more than that. I want to be able to match you well."

"You already match me well, that's why we're so close. Even after all these years-"

"I match you," she emphasized poking his chest. "I want to match Tone Vincent too. If you're more than Ant, I have to be more than Jazzy."

Finally understanding, he nodded. "It has to be believable. We did say that."

"Exactly. Now stop questioning me, I'm the smart one."

"You? The smart one?" He said with a laugh pulling into the garage.

"Let me have it this time boy." She shot back annoyed.

"Fine. You got it."