𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞

@theshaderoom: #PressPlay: Oop. Chile #JazmineGreen was looking mesmerized during #ToneVincent's performance! This is only hours after their red carpet debut as "just best friends" (see previous post)

~

Once he got showered and settled, Anthony couldn't get any rest. There were a million things on his mind. He wondered if he could have done better with the performance. He debated on if he wanted to make any changes to his album, which was nearly finished. Most of all he thought about Jazmine.

He couldn't help but look at the photos of them together all over the internet. They complimented each other well, and the way they fed off of each other's energy was so natural. It didn't feel like they had to do much pretending for the cameras.

The fans saw it just as much as he did. Everybody was talking about how this was the first woman he was seen with publicly. They questioned how long the two would be able to keep up the best friend narrative.

He'd dated around and had his fun before, but nothing could compare to their chemistry. Since the day she went to Georgia, he'd always found himself comparing all the other women to her. Nobody could even come close.

Another thought was the way she behaved after his performance. Maybe it was just the shock of seeing him in action, but she had a look in her eye he hadn't seen before. There had been numerous times he had to talk himself out of making any advances toward her, but the way she looked at him tonight made him want to test his luck.

Sitting at the edge of the bed, he put his head in his hands. He debated on going to her room and making a move. The problem was he wasn't even sure of his feelings. He tried to remember when he'd first seen Jazmine as more than a friend but the emotions all blurred together. To make matters even worse, she was only here as a means to fix her relationship.

Since sleep was out of the question and speaking to Jazmine seemed pointless, he shot Jay a text message. It was a little past midnight so he didn't expect much. Luckily, Jason didn't take much time to say that he was on his way. Pulling on a hoodie, Ant grabbed his laptop and made his way down to the studio.

On the other side of the wall, Jazmine was putting away the beautiful black gown. As her fingers traced the fabric, she smirked. A week ago she thought she'd somehow ruin the event for Anthony. She'd had a history of bringing Daffyd down with her nervous tendencies, but this time was different. She didn't complain, she didn't embarrass herself, and she felt comfortable. Despite her anxiety, she had a good night.

A ping pulled her from her thoughts. Her phone was on the bed with the screen lit up. When she saw it was a text from Daffyd she nearly stopped breathing. He had finally reached out!

She excitedly sat cross-legged on the bed opening it:
"You looked amazing tonight"

"That's it?" She asked herself. Her face instantly screwed up confused. It was like a thirsty dm from a stranger. Unacceptable.

She wasn't sure how to react, but her heart was racing. Should she say thank you? Should she say anything at all? She tried calling Diamond and Alana to get their opinions, but neither answered. It was well past 3 am which was at least midnight for them.

Groaning, she sulked out of her room to Anthony's. He'd know what she needed to do for sure. Sadly when she pushed open the door, the room was empty. Where the hell did he go?

Back in LA, Daffyd took a sip of his drink shaking his head. "She read it and ain't say shit back. What the fuck does that mean?"

"She probably too busy to text back," Cameron responded, making a few of the other men chuckle. "You see who she with."

"I told him not to text her anyway, he don't listen," James said with his eyes fixed on the television.

They were all at James' house. It started as a gender reveal party, but all the men congregated in the den after guests started to leave.

Charles took the phone from Daff's hand and sat it on the coffee table. "Leave it like that. Even if she texts back tomorrow, just ignore it," he suggested. "That little inch of attention gone get her in her head. And when you link with that Instagram chick tomorrow, let her post you... that's really gone fuck her up."

"Yo, y'all moving real female-like with all this Jedi mind trick shit. If you miss her, go get her bro. This shit tiring," Cameron shouted in annoyance.

"You see how she all under that singing nigga. If he goes after her he might as well put his balls in a jar and ship it to Illinois," Franklin suddenly added in.

"He really needs to just leave that girl alone. He knows he don't want her," James chimed in again. "Let that man have her. They look happy."

Daffyd side-eyed him, but that only evoked more laughter. "Who said I ain't want her though."

"You did," Keith said confused. "You said that shit last week."

"Nigga don't know what he wants," somebody muttered under their breath.

"I just don't get her. All these years she tried to stay cooped up in the crib, now she at red carpets and shit looking like Ari"

"So who G Herbo and who Moneybagg Yo?" James asked.

"Ain't neither one of em Herb, this nigga still playing Instagram tag with her," Franklin said with a laugh.

"Look you already sent out the text. Just keep doing you. Show her you ain't trippin'. You get bitches, she just one of them now. Wait her out till the ball is back in your court." Putting his hand on Daff's shoulder Charles shrugged.

Cameron sighed, looking over at them. "You better hope this nigga is right. Cuz for all we know you could be playing a game while she ain't even in the field."

"You really think she fucking with Tone? We talking bout Jazmine man," Charles shot back, unconvinced.

"At this point it ain't even about Jazmine..." Cam looked over at Keith who grunted in agreement. "If you saw the way dude was looking at her at that boat party, you'd understand."

Daffyd finished off his drink silently. He made up his mind then and there: it was time for him to show out.