𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐬

"I should've known when you said you had somewhere to be, it would be with Chris Brown jr," Daff said with an amused smile. His eyes panned from the bar to her. Just then, Jayda brushed past them shooting Daffyd a smile.

Jazmine chuckled under her breath. She was unimpressed, to say the least. This must have been those plans he wanted to tell her about.

"I should've known if you saw me again, you'd find a reason to come bother me." Her voice was emotionless. She was angry to see him here with Jayda, but she was more annoyed knowing he was trying to show off. "Don't you have something better to do?"

"I just came to say: what happened back at the house got me thinking. You need to be straight up with me. You say we're taking a break, but you keep popping up with that clown." Daffyd shifted his eyes to Ant who was returning from the bar with their drinks. "Either we're taking a break or we're broken up. And if we're seeing other people we might as well break it off clean."

Sighing loudly, she folded her arms. He wanted a reaction. If this had been a few months prior she probably would've given in and tried to patch things up. The naivety would have gotten the best of her. This time she knew he was just trying to scare her into coming back. He hadn't changed a bit. The chances of him changing were getting slimmer in her mind.

"Break or breaking up, none of that matters Daffyd. If I decide I want to come back I'll let you know," She said tilting her head slightly as she went on. "Until then be a good boy, and let me do me."

Her words hit a nerve in Daff. He swallowed hard with a strange excitement hearing her being so cold. He couldn't hold back a smirk at her venomous demeanor. Before he could reply, Ant was pushing his way back to her.

Turning away from him, she smiled up at Anthony. "Hey, I'm gonna run to the bathroom. I'll be back."

"Go 'head, I'll grab us a table."

Both men watched her strut off. When she was out of sight, Ant was annoyed to find Daff still standing there with his eyes following her. "Your girl doesn't find it weird you round here stalking your ex," Ant asked with a chuckle.

"She knows it's temporary, just like you do."

Twisting his face up, he had a look of disdain. Every time this guy spoke he felt an urge to break his jaw. "You think so?"

"Look, I came here to have a good time. I just wanted to say hello to Jaz, be cordial and shit. I ain't tripping. When you done having fun with your best friend, let me know when it's my turn again."

Anthony licked his lips smirking. "I wouldn't hold my breath on it quarterback."

With a laugh, he made his way to a table.

Jazmine let out a loud sigh hanging over the sink. There was a fire pulsing through her body. She was annoyed, she was angry, confused, and hurt. Just when she'd thought she got into Daff's head, here he was with some chick. Even if it was out of spite, it was so much like his antics when they were still officially together. It brought back those feelings of blissful ignorance.

She used to be satisfied with pretending things weren't happening right in front of her. At this moment she couldn't imagine how that was enough. How did she put up with that shit for so long?

Hearing the toilet flush, she looked up at the mirror to see Jayda walk out of a stall. The burning feeling in her chest grew more intense as she approached the sink. She could have lost it right then and there. She had half a mind to grab this girl and throw her across the bathroom, but she knew it wouldn't make her feel better.

"Hey, Jazmine right. You look good girl. I love the hair," Jayda said in a cheerful voice.

Jazmine wanted to take it as sarcasm. Everyone knew she was Daffyd's ex, she had to be playing. She wanted to feel like Jayda was being catty so she'd have an excuse to take her anger out on her. The truth was Jayda probably had no ill feelings towards Jazmine. There was no reason. Neither of them had a problem. The only problem in the equation was Daff.

"Thank you," She finally spat out with a smile. They both chuckled a little. "Sorry, this is a little weird for me. I know you and Daff are a thing."

"I get it," Jayda responded grabbing a paper towel. "I'm not one of those weirdo bitches that beef with exes though. I give tens where they're due."

"I appreciate that. You look gorgeous by the way," Jazmine said feeling more comfortable.

"Thank you. I'll see you around."

As Jayda left the bathroom, Jazmine shifted her focus back to Daffyd. Since he knew it was a game, he didn't care about the stakes. In his mind, he would probably have his fun and wait for her to come around. There was no playing it safe anymore. It was high time she played it as he would.

After relieving her bladder and washing her hands, she walked back out. As she pushed through the people she caught a glimpse of Daff and Jayda. He was whispering something in her ear that made her laugh. When he locked eyes with Jaz, he put his hand on Jayda's knee and grinned. He wanted to get under her skin. Instead, Jazmine offered back a smirk and kept pace past them.

She looked at Anthony who was standing nearby, bobbing his head to the music. For some reason, in comparison to Daffyd, he looked even more attractive under the flashing lights. Even if it was just for pretend, she wanted to take full advantage of their fake romance. He was attractive, successful, and treated her with so much respect and care. Why was she playing it safe when she had such an amazing man on her team?

When she got to him, she recalled a question he'd asked days before. What would she do if he kissed him? A better question was: What would he do if she did it first?

Grabbing him by his shirt, she caught his attention. He raised his eyebrow curiously as she bit her lip.

"Wassup?" He asked softly, wrapping his arms around her body.

She didn't say another word. Instead she leaned in catching his lips and kissed him roughly. It caught him off guard, but feeling her hand cradling the back of his head he couldn't bring himself to pull away. Her lips were so soft, and she held onto him like he'd vanish if she let go. Snaking his hands down to her ass, he took a firm grip.

They stayed like that for a while sucking and tugging on each other's lips. When they finally separated it felt like their heads were spinning.

"What was that?" He asked breathlessly.

Jazmine dragged her hands down his chest slowly. Shooting him a devious smile, she responded "Just wanted to see what you would do..."