𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝

When Anthony finished performing, he left the stage with purpose. It started with a power walk and then progressed to a full sprint. He didn't know what he was going to say to Jazmine. He could confess how he felt, or just tell her to leave Daffyd alone. Either way, he would have to say it with his whole chest; he was finished supporting their nonsense. She deserved better and everybody could see it.

He juggled both routes through his mind the whole time. There wasn't a definitive choice until the moment he reached the room. A surge of confidence hit him. Taking a breath, he pushed the door open. Unfortunately, nobody was there.

Jazmine was in the back of an Uber with her legs crossed. She felt both annoyed and curious at the same time. What could Daff possibly have to say to her?

Her first thought was to ignore the text message, but she couldn't help herself. She held on to a bit of hope he'd come to his senses and wanted to win her back. If he showed even an ounce of remorse, that would show progress.

She had been so engulfed in Daff's sudden text that she didn't even think to leave a note or text for Anthony. She didn't even feel her phone buzzing in her purse. The only thing on her mind was calming her nerves. She needed to be on her A-Game when she got to the house.

When she arrived Daffyd was sitting on the steps with his hands folded. His eyes followed the car until it came to a stop. When Jazmine stepped out he looked her over once then averted his gaze to the ground.

"What? What do you have to say to me?" She questioned walking up to him. When he didn't immediately respond, she snapped her fingers. "Hello?"

"I wanted to apologize."

"That's it?" She asked with a scoff. "That could have been a phone call."

"Jaz I'm serious. Not just for the other night, but everything. I know I put you through some bullshit, I know I keep putting you through shit, but I don't want to fight with you no more. If you wanted a sorry, here it is."

Her head tilted slightly and a wicked smirk spread across her face. "And it's just that simple, right? I want a sorry so you're giving it to me."

"What you mean?" He asked looking up at her. "That's what you wanted right? I'm sorry, you right, you win."

"No Daffyd! No, it's not that simple. You're not sorry, you're just in your feelings. I don't want a half-ass apology from you, I want you to be a better man. I want you to get your shit together."

"And what, you think you better than me?" He suddenly snapped, standing to his feet. "You out here dancing on another nigga, kissing him all in the mouth. I tried to chill and let you play yo lil game, but Jaz you doing too much. Letting that nigga claim you is outrageous."

Jazmine chuckled, shaking her head. "That's what this is about? You're just apologizing cuz trying to drag me out of the club didn't work."

"Jazmine I ain't playing this tit for tat shit no more. You proved your point, it's time to come home."

"This ain't my home and I'm not playing any games with you. Not anymore. The only game I've ever played was pretending I was happy."

"Bullshit. You were fine til that nigga came around and got in your head," Daffyd said dismissively.

"When was I fine?" She questioned, a grimace on her face. "When they finally put you in the game, then you were out all night? I was fine when you were caught leaving a hotel with some bitch?"

"Jazmine, that-"

"I'm not finished. Was I fine after the second time? The third? The dozens of times you probably weren't stupid enough to be seen in public? Was I fine on my birthday? I haven't been fine in years!"

"Jazmine, you know damn well-"

"No, I know you thought I didn't know. I know you thought I was dumb or that I was okay with it. Never once was I either, but you didn't care either way." Shrugging, she raked her hair back turning away. "I can't even look at you without feeling sick to my stomach."

"Jazmine," Daffyd said in a stunned voice. The fact that she'd never spoken to him like this before left him at a loss for words. Standing up, he took a few steps forward intending to comfort her.

"Don't- don't touch me," she gritted, snatching away. "I hope you get your shit together for the next woman you date. I really do."

"I'm dating you Jaz. Ima' do better for real-"

"No, you won't. Not for me," she shot back with a stone expression. "I'm not yours anymore, so I would appreciate if you never reached out to me again."

Grabbing her phone, she walked off heading up the street. He wanted to follow after her, but he couldn't bring himself to move. For the first time,  he wondered if it had really all been a game or if she was leaving for good. Running his hands over the top of his head, he kicked at a potted plant and then went inside the house.

Jazmine caught an Uber at the entrance to the neighborhood. When she settled in the car, she finally took a deep breath. She kept replaying the look in Daff's eyes. Maybe now she'd gotten through to him. Maybe this is what it took to have him come to his senses. Either way, she'd given it her best effort; that was it. It was up to him if he'd let his pride win or not.

Anthony waited for an hour before he started calling around. He called Diamond, Alana, and even Jaz's parents. Nobody had heard anything. Once two hours had passed he couldn't hang around the studio any longer. He went back to the hotel, worried sick.

When Jazmine arrived, she still hadn't noticed her missed calls or texts. She was still on the high from snapping on Daffyd. It had her so excited, that she rushed into the room to tell Anthony. That spurt of energy was dimmed when she noticed him at the edge of the bed with a look of relief.

"What happened?" She asked watching him run his hands down his face.

"You didn't see me calling?" He asked annoyed. "I even texted you like a hundred times Jazzy, where the hell was you?"

"Oh, oh! I'm sorry. Daffyd texted me to meet him. I went to see what he wanted... sorry, I should've let you know." As she spoke, her hand fished in her purse for her phone. He had indeed called and texted her numerous times. Most of them were asking where she was, but the first one was that he needed to tell her something. Looking up from her phone she watched him storm towards the bathroom. "What did you have to tell me?"

He sighed, then answered her in a low voice before slamming the bathroom door. "Never mind."