𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐒𝐞𝐱 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡

When they arrived to the sandy shore of Lake Michigan, Jazmine was in better spirits. All it took was a ride with the windows down in Anthony's sportscar to calm her nerves. This was the first time they had driven somewhere alone since being here. She'd gotten used to Al driving them around. It was a good change of pace.

"Remind me why we're here." Getting out of the passenger side, she tugged at the ends of her cover-up.

Anthony stepped out as well. His Hawaiian button up flapped in the wind exposing his toned body. It caught Jaz's attention. "Because you need some sun. You've been acting a little out of character," he joked. "Look at you right now, look like you bout to assault me."

"I'm just looking!" She shouted back.

He laughed, wrapping an arm around her shoulders once they reached the front of the car. "I also wanted to see that ass in a bikini," he teased. She swatted at him rolling her eyes.

It didn't take long for beach goers to recognize Ant. There were groups of people coming from every direction to greet him and take photos with him. A few wanted pictures with Jazmine as well. She felt a little crowded, but it was nothing compared to the red carpet the day before last.

This was manageable.

Eventually, Ant started to lead her out towards the water. People took the hint and left him to his privacy.

He found a secluded area in front of a concrete ledge. Taking a blanket out of Jazmine's bag he spread it out on the ground. The spot was quiet and shaded. It was perfect.

Stripping down to her bikini, Jaz wasted no time walking to the water. It was now nearing the end of May. Summer was around the corner and the sun beamed down like a lazer. She slowly poked her foot out letting the tide touch her toes. "How is it so cold? This don't make no damn sense."

Anthony came up beside her and used his foot to splash water up her leg. She yelped, instantly back stepping. "You know they say you'll get used to it faster if you just get in."

"You get in then," she chuckled giving him a shove.

He almost lost his balance but grabbed her hand slinging her into the water instead. Watching her stumble in, he couldn't help but laugh.

They horse played like that for quite some time. The splashing, wrestling and rolling around was very on brand for them. They sat at the edge of the water and spoke for a while. They discussed his rise to fame and how she got into the fashion industry. That progressed to her opening up about how her and her parent got at odds over Daffyd. He had his opinions, but he kept them to himself. Instead he chose to be supportive.

There was no scheming or pointing fingers; just two friends catching up.

When the temperature started to drop, they resigned back to their blanket. The beach had cleared out some, only a few families remained. They sat in silence watching the kids playing in the sand.

"You still want kids?" She asked rubbing her arms.

"You know I do. Three of them," he reminded her. She nodded with a smile. "You? Still want two boys?"

"Absolutely. Maybe one girl. Now that I see how I turned out, I'm not as terrified of raising one," she chuckled looking back at him. Her hair was still dripping cool lake water down her shoulders. It made her tremble as the wind blew against her skin.

"You cold?" He asked softly.

"Yeah, it's not too bad though. I'm okay."

In all honesty she was getting chilly. However, she was enjoying the moment they were sharing. She was scared that if she complained, they'd leave. It was a childish thought, but being here with him felt like their childhood again. She had underestimated how much the beach would bring them back to those times.