♢Chapter~45♢ Pt. 1

"So, Pratik, you start. Why did u helped Karan? "

Pra nodded and started telling his side of the story.
"I was Pari's classmate. I knew she had crush but i never paid any heed to it and we remained good freinds. Back in my home, i had seen my father indulging in illegal activities and Jhon helped him. I loathed him for this. They would beat me in a soundproof room if i dared to complain about them in police. They would even threaten me that he will kill my sister if i crossed any boundary. I love my sis a lot for that.

That time, Pari came as a hope. She would make me happiest just by her mere presence. But i didn't wanted to drag her in my life. It was too awful. She was a kind soul who deserved happiness which i could never promise her. I wanted to make it clear that we can never be together but i feared. If she will leave me then. So i kept quiet. And that was the mistake.

One random night, John took me to our guest house saying he is guilty of his deeds and want sometime away from this chaotic atmosphere. I was happy to know it and accompanied him. But when we reached there i found Ackster, Umar and some more friends of them. They were drinking and consuming drugs. Before i could yell at them , i heard someone yelling ny name happily. It was Pari. I was shocked to see her.

~Back to that day.
Pratik pov.

"Isn't she a hot chick?" I heard John whispered in my ear before he went to welcome pari.

The forst question that travelled my mind was , 'what pari is doing here?'

Pari came near me and tried to hide herself by the men present here. They were gawking and drooling at her as if she is a peice of meat. I instantly wrapped my hands around Pari and turned to the wall to hide her from the animals here.

"What are u doing here? Its 11 at night! U should be in your home. Did u informed your family?" i whisper-yelled at her.

She shook her head innocently and i mentally cussed. I know, she likes to challenge the stereotypes of the society but it is not safe for a girl to be outside the home at this late. That too without informing her family.

Its not because she is a 'girl' but because the world is not right. There are men who still think that a man has a right to use woman to fulfil their needs whether they want it or not. I really think if this world can ever be safe enough for a girl to be out when she wants. No matter if its dark or day.

"Hey brother! Dont keep this chick to yourself. Let us have some fun too!" John spoke still drinking from his bottle.

Well the word is not safe enough till the men like John exists!

"Shut up, John. Continue drinking and drugging." I motioned Pari that we are leaving. She was a crying mess. I guess she was regretting to come here.

Before i could take the exit, i felt a hand gripping the back of my collar and pushing me back. Pari was snatched away from me before i could fall. I looked back as i landed on my face and saw Ackster roaming his filthy hands to pari's face. She was pleading me with her eyes to help her. She was trying to wiggle out from his grip but that man was too strong. But we both were just 15. What else do u expect?

I quickly dtood and kicked Ackster where the sun doesn't rise. He groaned in pain leaving pari. John was quick enough to hold pari and throw her over his shoulders before i could.

"U know what, pari. This man , Pratik never called u on a date. It was me who messaged from his mobile."

Color drained from her face as the realisation dawned. I could feel my blood boiling and i was about to punch his foreign face but i felt a strong pain in my head. Umar smashed the beer-bottle in my head while laughing maniaclly.