𝑡 𝑤 𝑒 𝑛 𝑡 𝑦 𝑛 𝑖 𝑛 𝑒

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗦𝗞𝗘𝗧.

.·:*¨༺ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 TWENTY NINE ༻¨*:·.
W ʀ C ɴ ~ 1959

          The dull ache that surrounded my scull hurt like a bitch. I could hear muttering in the background as I began to regain consciousness.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid. It's all your fault. I didn't mean to, I-I..."

A small groan passed my lips as the feeling intensified as I regained consciousness.

"Maze?" I heard a panicked voice ask. Jinx. A small scuffle followed before I felt the bed dip down beside me. Her voice was soft despite the worried tint, clearly trying to not make my head hurt more by shouting.

"Hey trouble." I mumbled, opening my eyes to look at her. My vision was blurry, only being able to see the fuzzy outline of her blue hair. I felt her softly cup my cheeks with the palms of her hands.

"I was so scared..." she whispered under her breath. Despite my current state, my first instinct was to comfort and reassure her. So I place my hand on top of hers comfortingly.

"Where are we?"

"I convinced Sevika to take you back to your apartment. She was hesitant to leave you alone with me but eventually left." The girl slowly began to come back into focus. I noticed that her eyes were slightly red and puffy. She'd clearly been crying.

I slowly sit up in my bed, trying to ignore the shooting pain in my skull at the movement. Jinx was sitting beside me on the edge of my bed.

"I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean to... it's all my fault, it's all my fault, I'm sorry." She rambled, tears once again forming in her eyes.

"Sweetheart, what are you talking about?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion at what she could be apologising for.

"Why did you defend me? Why did you help me?"

"You seriously need an answer to that?" I asked. She pulled her legs up to her chest and hide half of her face behind her knees.

"I hurt you." she continued, her voice cracking slightly at the end from the tears.

"You didn't hurt me." I state, confused as I move closer to the girl.

"It's my fault that you got hurt. If you didn't have to help me then you could've focused on defending yourself. And then... you got hurt and it was all my fault."