𝑡 ℎ 𝑖 𝑟 𝑡 𝑦 𝑓 𝑜 𝑢 𝑟

Please read the authors note at the end of this chapter, thank you x

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗦𝗞𝗘𝗧.

.·:*¨༺ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 THIRTY FOUR ༻¨*:·.
W ʀ C ɴ ~ 1852

         "Are you okay?" Jinx's voice rings out. I didn't know how late it was. The hours seemed irrelevant, time? Overrated. We'd been lying on my bed facing the ceiling for fuck knows how long.

"Yeah... I think so, you?" I reply without making an effort to move.

"Okay... yeah okay..."

"Nice..." I closed my eyes as I tried to focus on grounding myself. The drugs had started to wear off a little while ago and now we were crashing, not a fun feeling.

"...are you really here?" She muttered under her breath.

"Of course I am. I'm right beside you, trouble. Always will be."

A few seconds of silence pass and I feel the overwhelming urge to sleep fall over me.

"Maze?" Jinx spoke up again, I didn't detect it at first, but her tone was different this time. Scared slightly panicked, worried.

"Yeah?"

The seconds roll by as I await an answer. After a minute of silence passes between us, I sit up learning back on my elbows and look over to face the girl.

Her lips were parted, heavy breaths passing her mouth as her chest rises and falls. She didn't look over at me, her eyebrows furrowed ever so slightly.

"Jinx?" I ask, the feelings of concern and worry settling in.

"Sweetheart?" I gently place a hand on her arm. Whatever trance she seemed to be in broke as she quickly sat up and our gazed locked.

She seemed panicked.

"Maze-" she said through her frantic breathing.

"Maze, I-I can't... I can't-" she stutters, tears falling down her cheeks as she struggled to take oxygen into her lungs.

Now I had an idea of what might be happening. I'd felt it before, lived it countless time.

"Jinx, hey it's okay, you're alright. It's just the drugs, now that that empty feelings gone from them wearing you off you're overthinking." I say softly, grabbing ahold of her shoulders to steady the frantic girl.