Chapter 1

Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.

Aristotle

Rays of light peeped through the window illuminating the soft hues of her bedroom. Soft snores were heard in the background along with the chirping of birds. It was a beautiful morning, until her grandma bellowed "Renee!!Rise and shine! ". Renee groaned and mumbled in her sleep.Not such a good morning afterall.

Grandma stomped upstairs and yanked open her bedroom door. " Renee Elizabeth Evans get your derriere out of the  right now!!"
"You have to get ready. We have to be at the pack house by 10 and you missy are coming with me."
Renee mumbled sleepily."Ten more minutes  please."
Sighing her grandmother entered her room. " Only ten more minutes Renee, you ought to get ready."

She had planned to stay in bed till afternoon. She was done with high school and was ready to head out to college , she wanted to explore what was around her.But unfortunately the future Alpha had returned back from 5 years of training. A brunch was being held to welcome him back. And her ever enthusiastic grandma was going to make tarts for the pack. So she had to help her out even though she despised the idea.
After about half an hour she got up took a quick shower. Put on shorts and a tank top.

She went downstairs to find her best friend Jessica and her grandma baking tarts. Her grandfather was sitting on the chair and reading his newspaper as usual. "Good morning pa!" She wished him." Morning bunny. Did you sleep well?"

Before she could answer get best friend tackled her to the floor. "Morning Rey. Oh My God I'm so excited finally the Alpha is coming!"

"Get off me Jess I think so you just broke my hand!"

"Oh stop pouting like a kid. Aren't you excited about it?" Renee got up and dusted her shorts. "Yeah yeah. I am. Now can we just finish those damn tarts." Renee said annoyingly.

"So Jake called. He said he will be there by 9.45 to pick us up. Such a sweet boy! I really like him. Are you sure he isn't you boyfriend? "

Renee groaned " Please don't say that. He is by best friend." Jess was laughing in the background.

"Gran she is such a shy thing that she having a boyfriend will be like the end of the world. Jake is the only guy she ever talks to."

"Jess..stop it. I am not in the mood of being annoyed." Renee teasingly reprimanded her best friend.

In an hour the tarts were ready and packed up. Her Gran forced her to wear a sundress. Though Renee liked wearing dresses yet she was not in a mood to wear it today.

Renee lived with her grandparents. Her gran told her that her parents had passed away in a car accident. Her dad was a beta of another pack and after they passed away she moved in with then. Renee however remembered her parents vaguely. Her Gran had shown pictures of her mom. She was almost a replica of her mom except her hair. She had dark brown her like her dad. She considered herself as not so good looking. She was the clichéd plain Jane. Renee had big dark brown eyes. Pouty pink lips, shoulder length hair. She was cute. On the otherhand her best friend was stunning. Though she was a little shorter her blonde locks and blue eyes overcame that flaw. Jess was a firecracker and Renee was a mimosa plant shy and introvert. Rene was calm whereas Jess was bubbly and energetic like her Gran.

Rene looked at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a red sundress which stopped above her knees. She was wearing a beautiful dainty diamond necklace which was a gift from her gran.

She kept her hair down and pinned it up from one side. She applied a little mascara and lip balm and she was good to go.

As soon as she descended the stairs, she saw Jake helping Jess to carry the containers. Jake Lively was the Betas youngest son. He was good looking and a bigtime player but he was her best friend. She liked him a lot and considered him as a brother.