Fear to love

Fear keeps us focused on the past or worried about the future. If we can acknowledge our fear, we can realize that right now we are okay. Right now, today, we are still alive, and our bodies are working marvellously. Our eyes can still see the beautiful sky. Our ears can still hear the voices of our loved ones.

She could feel his breath on her face , could smell his alluring scent , could clearly hear his laughter , but as she moved to embrace him , he would disappeared into thin air . This feeling of frustration , of longing plagued Renee every night when she dreamed about him , dreamed about her beloved Damien .

Two week had passed since she last saw him , lying lifeless on the floor . She walked away from her love , but she had to ! What choice did she have ? Knowing Damien she was certain that he would not let her go , and somewhere a tiny little part of her hoped that he would come barging through that door and take her away for ever .

She wasn't in a bad place, moreover it was a beautiful mansion . Drake had treated her like a princess and she hated it . She hated it that she couldn't dislike Drake . And she felt sick , when her pulse raced whenever he was around . She couldn't step out of the house though and there were innumerable guards placed at every corner .

Drake hadn't touched her yet , but she knew he would want her sooner than later . Though he kissed her as many times he could , and his kisses stated only on thing and that was ' possession' . His kisses only reminded her that she was his .

Her mother hadn't appeared in her dreams , and Renee really hoped that she would help her out of this mess .

Today as Renee was walking down the stairs to the corridor she could smell someone different , someone with a lot of power . As she entered the dining room , she saw him . He was tall and broad, just like his son. But his eyes lacked the spark which was visible in Drake's eyes . As she entered , Drake and his father stopped talking and Drake gave her his all too familiar cheeky grin . But before he could speak , his father stated . " You look just like her "

Renee was alarmed at the deep timbre of his voice , but kept her façade and smiled at his father .

" Do I remind you of your failure ?" Renee said haughtily , but inside she was petrified .

She was surprised when he started laughing , "Oh no my dear , you are a proof that even she couldn't save you from us."

Renee just gave him a blank look before she sat down at the table .

"I am glad you are taking this well ; your mother threw a tantrum every single day" his father said with a hint of anger in his voice .

"I think so the past is best forgotten", Drake said as he looked at his father challenging him .

"On the contrary , my son , past teaches you . Don't repeat my mistakes ." was all his father said as he got up and left the room .

Renee just stared and her plate and toyed with her food . She could feel Drake leave his seat and stand besides her. He yanked her by the arm and pulled her against his form . He pushed her against the table and kissed her , hard . It was meant to be a punishment , she could feel his anger . His hands dug deep in her hair and pulled her hair , as his mouth descended to her neck . His lip caressed Damien's mark but it didn't tingle . In fact , it burned like hell and Renee couldn't help but yelp in pain as tears stained her cheeks.

"Don't ever talk to him like that . Learn your place Renee , you will be queen , but you will never disrespect him like that " he growled .

"I hate you , I hate you all " was all Renee said as she tried to free herself from his grip .

But he didn't budge a bit , as he pushed her harder against the table . He grabbed her chin and made her look at him . "We are getting married today , princess . You shall be mine forever now. "he spoke with a glint in his eyes .

"I will never be yours Drake . I shall always be Damien's , now and forever . " Renee said as she looked him straight in the eye .

He laughed and whispered in her ear " But you will be screaming out my name tonight, princess " .

On the other hand , Damien tried his best to track down Renee . But every new leaf he would turnover , lead him to a dead end . As if she had disappeared from the face of the earth . He was growing restless and stupid at the same time . His only assurance was that he could still feel his bond with her , it assured his that that bastard hadn't touched her yet . But he could not wait any longer , he had to come up with something , soon or he would lose her forever .

He grimaced when he thought about the letter , a part of him was mad at her . How could she give up on them , didn't she trust him enough to know that he would protect her ? But instead of dwelling on that he concentrated on locating her . Elder Ashford , was helping them trace the devils energy but it was a long shot .

A knock at the door , cut him out of his thoughts . "Come in." he barked out

"Alpha , there is a woman outside claiming to know Renee . She states that she can help you get her back " Josh said earnestly .

Damien was shocked to hear that , but he ordered Josh to escort the woman to his office . He was perplexed if he would trust this woman or was she just a trap sent by the devil himself . But he suddenly felt something stir inside and his wolf started howling at the scent . It mildly resembled his mate . But it couldn't be ? As the woman entered his office , he knew right away ! He could never forget those big brown eyes .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------