Emotional overload

As Renee lay cocooned in darkness all her inward eye could highlight were those eyes . Shining eyes; shining with a fierce peril . She knew those eyes were mocking her and her dilemma .

Suddenly she could hear her mate's soothing promises filled with love and tranquility. She sought happiness in Damien's words and the emotions he was letting through.

Her heart beat rapidly as she witnessed both good and evil inside her head. The light always diminishes the darkness but as Renee tried calling out to Damien the eyes said 'MINE' and a pair of fangs snarled at her .And then they were gone .Those eyes whose absence too scared the daylights out of her . Renee was more than sure that he knew where she was . He was coming for her and she knew no one could stop him ! No one not even her mate.

She had seen these eyes before darkness had engulfed her .A hooded figure stood behind Damien smiling at her , smiling a familiar smile .

She tried to concentrate on Damien's soothing voice to block away the thoughts of evil . She called out to her beloved mate and was rewarded by his words'I am here babygirl . Shhhh........I love you .He won't get to you ' Damien gently whispered in her ear as she trashed in her sleep. He was worried when shejust dropped down in front of him. She repeatedly called out to him in anguish which clawed at his wolf.

The Alpha had called the pack doctor who was unable to pinpoint the cause of her unconsciousness.

It was way past mid night when Renee came to her sences .She felt lost when she initially opened her eyes to unfamiliar walls but then her mates scent flooded her sences which calmed her down . She took a minute to admire her mate , her alpha. He was indeed a treat to the eyes .

She would never forgive herself if danger befell on him beacuse of her . Renee knew that the enemy was very dangerous if he wanted her he would do anything to get her . She somehow felt that this was in a way linked to her mother . She had always felt her mother's presence but whenever she was in danger the presence would strengthen.

As she tried to get up from the bed she heard Damien growl "where do you think you are going?"

"We need to find that tree ..."Renee said timidly .

"Are you out of your mind ? We are going back home after sometime .And don't you dare get out of this bed . You scared me when you just dropped down in front of me. I can't afford to lose you. So we are going home where you will be safe !!"Damien retaliated sternly.

"But we have to find the tree Damien . We have to find a way to stop him .And I am sure the tree can help us out ."Renee tried to make a point .

Damien stood up and barged towards her . "Enough of this nonsense you are going to listen to me now. I have already tolerated your tantrums. I am your alpha and you will listen to me "Damien bellowed furiously .

"I am your mate and nor am I a little child so please stop treating me like one " Renee said with hurt evident in her voice .

"My word is final " Damien said before leaving . He bolted the door from outside .

"Open the door Damien ." Renee yelled from inside.

"I don't trust you so till you freshen up and get ready I will talk to the alpha .Baby I am doing this for your safety ."Damien said before walking away .

Renee let out a sigh of frustration at the audacity of her mate . She had to find the tree !!

_______________________________________________________