Letter with a choice !

Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

-William Jennings Bryan

Damien looked at his mate sleeping peacefully , with her head against his chest . Sleep was now a far fetched tought to Damien as his wolf was in hyper mode all the time . He had to tell her , had to tell her the truth about her parents death . But the main problem was he failed to come up with a way to tell her without hurting her . But somehow he knew ot was going to be a hell of a task to do that .

Renee stirred a little her brows creased as if she was having a nightmare . Suddenly she bolted up unoriented and scared .

"Hey ..hey baby what's wrong ?" Damien question her as he cupped her cheek .

She was heaving by now her eyes glazed over . Damie was scared out of his wits at the sight in front of him.

"Baby .... look at me . Tell me what's wrong. I'm here ." He tried placate her .

"Jakee......" was all she said before she started to sob again .

Damien tensed when he heard his name . That was the last thing he wanted to hear .

" Jake is okay baby . I sent him away on some pack business. He will be back in a few days ." Damien tried to tell her .

"No ...no he's oh my god !! Damien we have to save him . He will kill him ...Please we have to go get him . He has him ..... I saw it ... Please ..Damien I can't let him die .... gosh I love him ..he just can't die .Please.. " Renee babbled against his chest .

Damie felt like tearing something apart when he heard those words coming out of her mouth . But he had to control himself ; had to use his self restraint .

" I will call him and tell him to comeback right away . He is safe baby . Nothing has or will happen to him ." He ensured her .

" I saw him killing Jake . I saw him . You have to believe me ." Renee pressed on .

"Jake is absolutely fine . I am still linked to him and I would have known if he was in any kind of danger. And moreover Jake is one of the best warriors we have . He can definitely take care of himself. " Damien stated .

" Now get yourself together .I will see to it thaf jake is here by noon ." He said as he pecked her cheek .

Damien left her to freshen up . As she approached the bathroom she felt like someone was watching her.

She turned around but there was no one except an envelope on the bed .

It had a black rose kept over it . She slowly approached it and with shaky hands grabbed it . Trying to pick up a scent she sniffed it but was unable to pick up any .

She carefully opened it and found a letter and a photograph . It was a family photo including her grandparents and her friends.

Behind it , written in bold red was "THE CHOICE IS YOURS " .

She was perflexed as the words did not make any sense. She took in a deep breath to calm her nerves and unfolded the letter .

"My sweet angel you looked beautiful as you slept. But it should have been my arms instead of that mutts . You are ethereal just like your mom . Serene and simply gorgeous. I hope you understand that I have been waiting for you since ages and I will stop at nothing to make you mine . I give you a choice . Come to me willing honey or make the lives of the people you love a living hell. Come to me angel . I will make you my queen ." Renee finished reading itas tears sprung in her eyes .

"Keep it down Ella . And step away from it ." Damien said in his Alpha voice .

" oh.... Damien ....." was all Renee could say through her sobs .

Damien could smell the same honeysuckle scent . And like before it was stale . Damien was petrified that the lunatic was able to get so close to

his mate . That creep had the audacity to enter their room . Damien felt helpless and scared at the same time . Josh and his dad entered the room quickly followed by Jessica and the luna .

Jess hugged Renee as she sat on the floor sobbing. " Damien take the letter and show it to the elders . I think it's high time that we ask their counsel in this matter . I will summon them by noon .

Damien just nodded and looked at his devastated mate . He slowly approached her and picked her in his arms . He walked out of their room and took her to the guest room . The thought of her lying on the bed where that lunatic had been there was pathetic.

He lay heer on the bed . Curling against him she sobbed for a while . He just held her there as she cried out her frustration . Damien heart went out to his mate . All the week all she did was cry and also his overbearing nature was just adding fuel to fire.

" he.... he said ...I looked just like my mom ... I don't understand. ...." Renee said through her sobs.

" I know baby .... please calm down .. please .. we need to be rational not let our emotions fog up . Please babygirl." Damien said trying to soothe her .

" Where's Jake .... pleasr bring him back . He will kilk him .... oh noo ...please Damien ." Renee suddenly just stopped talking and crying . Her head was burried on his chest .

Damien pecked her hair . When Renee looked up at him his breath caught up in his throat.

The woman staring back at him was not his mate . It was someone with those familiar blue eyes whuch held elegance . He was too awestruck to even utter a word .

"He seeks me for my love ..... but it lies with you my , Lucius . Please save me Lucius . He is evil ...pure evil . I will be strong for you ....my love " she said in the most elegant voice .

" Ella what do you mean . What's happening to you ?? " Damien asked perplexed .

"This is me ... Lucius ... the other half of your soul ." She said before fainting again .

Damien tried to wake her up but she wouldn't. She just lay still in his arms and in a matter of secs his world came crashing down ...well almost !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------