Hallucinations

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream. 

-Edgar Allan Poe

They drove in silence as Renee sat looking out of the window. She could feel Damien's tense body language by the way he held the steering wheel moreover clutched it. She was enraged at his stubbornness. She had to find a way to reach that tree which held answers.  Giving out a deep sigh  looked at her mate .  

"I am sorry . I should have not done that . I should have told you before I went tree hunting." Renee said genuinely repenting her actions.

"Ohh....Renee baby I am sorry that I snapped at you . But when I came to the room and found you gone I just went crazy . You know that I will do anything and everything to protect you ."Damien said . 

"I know. But you have to believe me. I had to find that tree ." Renee tried to reason with him.  

"I ordered a few of the warriors to find that tree and I even enquired about it . There was no such tree behind your house baby .I saw your house myself " Damien asserted . 

"That is not possible I know there's a tree .I have been seeing it in my dreams. And that wolf ; that white wolf would have lead me there ." Renee said not believing him .

"What do you mean 'the white wolf'?"Damien asked curtly. "I did not pick up any stray scent in the woods ."he added . 

"There was a wolf Damien just like me , pure white . I was sure that I felt my mother's presence in that wolf ." Renee stated firmly . 

"Renee baby you cannot just go following s ok me wolf around the woods . What if it wasn't what it seemed. It could've attacked you ; It is necessary for you to understand the gravity of the situation we are in. " he said . 

"Do you think that I don't know that a crazy man is behind me who is trying to take me away from you ? Who might even try to kill me? " Renee asked with disbelief in her voice . 

" Don't say such things . Nothing is going to happen to you . " Damien added stubbornly . 

They pulled up in the driveway of the pack house . 

As soon as she stepped out of the car her gran came running outside and enveloped her in a tight warm hug.  

"Oh baby are you okay ? I was so worried. !"her gran said kissing her forehead .  

"Oh bunny you made us worry to death. Do not pull off such a stunt ever again " her grand pa said hugging her . 

"I am really sorry." Renee said with tears in her eyes.  

"Damien and Renee a word please ." Alpha John said in his Alpha tone .  

She knew they were in trouble by the tone of his voice . 

Damien grabbed Renee by the arm and walked her to his father's cabin.  

"What you did was reckless and stupid Renee . I did not expect this from you ." Alpha John stated disappointment clear in his voice . 

" My apologies sir . " Renee said bowing her head down in submission.  

"I will accept the punishment befitting my actions sir " Renee said. 

"I am just giving you a warning Renee .You are the future Luna of this pack and you mean a lot not only to us but also to all the pack members. " he continued" you may leave now . Go rest for a while ."  

"Thank you sir " Renee said leaving the room.

"we have to find this crazy man . He tore down her entire house . As if he was searching for this ." Alpha John stated as he got up and paced the floor .  

"What !! Why qasn't I informed about it dad ? " Damien questioned his father. 

"That is not the important question. What we have to concenterate on is to find the reason of his interest in her . And son I think it is time to tell her about her mother's death . Her real death ." Alpha john added . 

"Dad I don't know how she will take it. He state of mind is very delicate . She told me that she saw her mim's wolf in the woods ". Damien said . 

"That's not possible . She must be hallucinating . " his dad replied.  

" she needs rest . This whole taking a toll on her . I will tell her about it but after somedays dad . Nor right away. " Damien asserted  

"As you deem right son. It's your call. " Alpha John said patting his son's back . 

"I think I will go talk to her for a while ." Damien said taking his leave.

He went upstairs to his room to hear sobs. His heart tightened as he saw his mate bawling on the bed . 

He slowly approached her and sat besides her . Slowly he took her jnto his arms and let her cry on his chest . 

" I'm scared Damien . I don't know what to do . I feel I am being watched . I can't stand to see you and my loved ones come in way of danger because of me . " Renee cried out . 

"Shh...baby we have to be strong . I am there . Nothing will happen to you or your lived ones . Do not let him play with your psychology. "Damien tried to soothe her . 

"It's so hard to be strong . I feel I can't do this . And I don't like making you mad " Renee sobbed . 

" Baby I get mad beacuse I love you and care for you." Damien cooed in her earing kissing her cheek . 

" I love you too" . Renee said kissing Damien . 

"You should rest . " Damien stated nibbling on her earlobe finding it difficult to let her go . He wanted to make her his completely. But he was well aware that neither the time nor the situation was right . She was made to make love and properly worshipped he thought as he let her rest on his chest .  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------