A Dream

Renee was battling hard to collect her poise after their  pleasure moments . She felt frustrated at the interference which lead her to feel sexually frustrated . But now when her thoughts were clear she  could sence some unrest in the air . She right away knew that something was wrong . She got down from the bed and quickly changed into apair of jeans and a sweatshirt . As she was freshening up she heard a knock on her door "Coming ... "She yelled from inside the bathroom . Grabbing a towel from the holder she wiped her face as she walked towards the door to open it . She was a little surprised to find Jess with a worried expression etched on  her face . Renee let Jess into the room as she threw the towel on the armchair and sat down in it . "What's wrong Jess?You look pale , why don't you sit down ?"Renee said as she  motioned for Jess to sit on the bed . 

"William and Cass"  Jess tried to stiffle a sob as she continued "They are dead Renee ; somebody killed them . Oh my God Rey I saw them just an hour ago .  "Renee stood up and hugged Jess as she cried . Renee did not know them well but Cassie was Jess' friend . They shared a few classes in school but that's all . She did not know them personally but still she could not help the stray tear that fell from her eye. 

"Jess I need to see Damien , ask him what's going on . "Renee said as she wiped Jess' tears . "Will you be okay for some time ?I will be back in a few minutes !Okay "

Renee quickly wiped her tears and headed for the door . she banged into Josh as she wasn't paying attention in her tearful stupor . 

"Oh Renee ....Alpha.  ah I mean Damien has asked you to stay in the room . It isn't safe to go down ."Josh said trying his best to lie . 

"Josh I need to see himm . I know Will and Cass are dead . They were my friends too . I need to talk to him "Renee mumbled as she tried to walk past him . 

"Renee please . Damiens orders . its not safe for you "Josh tried to persuade her again but failed hopelessly . 

"Josh I am going to see my mate and you will  not stop me "Renee said sternly and Josh had no other alternative but to follow his future Luna's order.He stepped aside and let Renee pass . 

Renee hurriedly descended the stairs and wass hit bang on with the smell of death . She felt her heart miss a beat as she approaced the yard . She could see the bodies lying next to each other but what shocked her the most was the uncanny similarity between their death and Richard's death . All of them had a far off and lost look in their eyes and their bodies were rigid and stiff . She saw Damien talk to his father .As if sensing her presence he turned to face her , his eyes blazing with fury and a little helplessness   . He stormed towards her tucking the photo in his pocket .

"What are you doing here ?I told Josh to not let you come down when it is not safe . "Damien growled in frustratation . 

"I knew them Damien . William and Cassie studied with me in school . And I have a right to know what's happening . You know you will call me crazy but they have the same look in their eyes as Richard .  Do you think it was the same person who killed him ?"she asked glancing at the bodies as she spoke . 

Damien felt his stomach knot up at the thought of the lunatic behind his mate . They had nothing on this crazy man , not even his scent . It was like he just vanished into thin air . Damien took in a deep breath before he continued "Renee I will talk to you later about this .Right now just listen to me for heaven's sake and go to our room . "

Renee could sence she was treading on dangerous waters as she looked at Damien calm but enraged demeanour . She just nodded and after one last glance at the bodies she headed up to her room . She knew it would be a waste of time to pester Damien right now . But she would talk to him , definitely talk to him . She had to be abreast with the situation as somewhere in the back of her mind she felt that she was responsible for their deaths . 

She headed upstairs and was happy to see that Jess was sleeping soundly in her room . She looked pretty shaken up by the events of the evening . Renee decided to head to Damien's study and wait for him there wanting  to know why suddenly people she was accquainted with were ending up dead . On entering his study she seated herself on the couch with a resolve of patiently waiting for Damien and extracting all the answers from him . It was almost & in the evening and she soon grew wary of waiting for him . She casually lay down on the couch and was sound asleep within minutes . But her nap was sporadic as she had a dream . A dream she had never seen before . Renee usually had myriad dreams in which she saw numerous faces unknown to her . But this dream was special ; moreover it was cryptic with a hint of mystic . She dreamed of a land with bright sunshine and beautiful flowers blooming all around . But the land's true beauty was her mother smiling at her wearing a beautiful white silk gown . She looked young and happy and was dancing carefree . But suddenly she bacame somber and started weeping and calling out to Renee . Her mother kept on mumbling 'stay away from him .Be careful baby he will hurt you . Trust yourself and your mate but steer clear of him . I am watching over you my babygirl  , my little angel '. When Renee tried to call her back or to hold her mother everything went dark and there was fire and pain  evreywhere . She was yelling for her mommy to come back and to hold her but as she ran darkness enveloped her being . 

She suddenly felt someone call her name and pick her up but all she could say was "please mommy don't go . Wait for me please momma....".

 Damien was scared to death to find her yelling and trashing in her sleep  not at all expecting  herto be  in his study sleeping on the couch . He quickly picked her up in his arms and took her to their room .He tucked her in and watched her sleep for what felt like hours but were mere minutes . Damien rubbed his face with his palm in exasperation and frustration as he failed to make a connection between the lunatic and his Renee . Why would anyone be after her ?

He looked at her sleeping form and felt his heart sink at the tought of someone trying to harm his mate . He had to find out who was behind this ;he had to find out fast !Most importantly he had to tell Renee what was going on . She had to be informed so that she would be cautious in her actions . But before that he had to investigate her mother's  life . He had a gut feeling that whatever happened to Elizabeth Evans would definitely lead him to the lunatic behind his mate . 

"Damien ... " Renee groaned out his name . Damien was besides her in the bed in a flash . 

"Oh Renee I am here babygirl . Don't worry I am here . "Damien said lovingly stroking her hair . "You need to sleep baby ;take rest "Damien said but was awestruck when Renee bolted from the bed with a panic etched in her yes . 

"  No damien I cannnot sleep ,I will loose her again . She will go . I can't let that happen ..."Renee mumbled as she stood a feet away from the bed hugging herself.

Damien slowly got up and walked towards her while Renee continued to sob. Approaching her he caught her chin in his hand forcing her to look at him ."Ella please calm down . I am here with you and you are safe with me . Please baby calm down "Damien hugged her for a long time till she stopped crying and her breathing evened .He kissed her head and slowly made her sit on the bed .

"Do you wanna talk about what happened right now ?"Damien asked her cooly .

"I don't know what I want to do  ?"Renee mumbled as she fidgeted with heer hands.

Damien sighed before he continued "Well you can start by telling me about your dream "

"You will think I have lost it if I tell you that I dreamt about my mother who I don't even remember "Renee said dejectedly .

"Try me . Let it out "Damien persuaded Renee . 

Renee went on to  narrate herr dream to Damien . Damien kept a poker face throughout the time she spoke . He was pained to know that his mate had to go through a traumatizing dream . But after listening to her he was ascertained that there was a strong connection between Renee's and her mother's fate . After she told him her dream her cajoled her to sleep and take rest promising her that he would be with her throughout the night holding her in his arms . As Renee slept in his arms , Damien's mind was busy trying to find a solution to this unforseen mess . He kissed her forehead and wishpered "Sleep tight ,my love . I will always protect you no matter what . I love you " .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------