Till death do us apart

For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.
- Kahlil Gibran

The exhilarating feel of the air against his fur was the only good thing he felt as Damien led his pack warriors towards the castle. It was a good 8 hour run and they had been running since afternoon. Drake was going to marry Renee tonight when the moon was in eclipse. This was a bit of a disadvantage and his warriors would a bit weeks than normal , but he would not back down come what may.The witch and Renee's mom and grandparents were travelling in a car and were a few minutes behind them. His dad stayed back to look after the pack , to take care of his people.
As they neared the castle, he could hear the faint hum of the waves , the salty air of the sea. If it weren't inhabited by such a treacherous soul , the castle would be the most beautiful home by the sea. As he and his pack reached the cliff they could see this beautiful building of brownish grey stone flanked by the tranquil sea all around. He could hear the car stop and the passengers get out.
Dahlia came up to him , cheekily patting his head. He bared his teeth in warning and she just laughed it off. " You will have to cross the sea , swim across and get off at the shore. There is a cave by the base of the castle which leads to the basement. There is a protective spell which I will counter with my own spell." she said pointing towards the base of the castle.
"The cave is guarded by wolfs, but obviously. Once you reach the basement , you will find the stone in a vault. The magic protecting the vault is blood magic. Only the blood of an equivalent alpha can break it. So Damien when you see the vault slice open your palm and touch the vault. It should open." She continued.
" How do I destroy the stone ?" Damien asked , impatiently.
" This dagger will channel our power and you will have to pierce the stone with this ." She said handing Damien a black hilted dagger.
"Renee will feel your energy Damien as you enter the castle. Once you destroy the stone,Drake  will feel weaker and that is the moment Renee will have to kill him. But I urge you to find your way to the chapel as soon as you destroy the stone." Dahlia said looking Damien straight in the eye.
"Be careful of the stone Damien" , Renee's mother warned, " it brings out the darkness within your soul".
Damien looked at the cave at the base of the castle. He needed Renee in his arms, safe and sound. As they shifted to their wolf form Damien mind linked his warriors, " Let's get your Luna home !" And jumped into the sea as his warriors followed.
Dahlia began chanting as he held Renee's mother and grandmother's hand.

Renee sat in front of the dresser mirror glaring at the she wolves helping her with her wedding dress. As one of them touched her hair , she let out a low growl warning them away. All of them suddenly froze , scared of their queen. She had to stall this blasphemous facade of a wedding. She could feel her wolf get angsty and restless. "Please let us do your hair , the King will be unhappy if we don't" one of the wolves spoke timidly.
Renee just nodded stiffly and continued glaring at them through the mirror. " Renee, I am coming for you love . Let's get  your Luna home !" She could clearly hear Damien's  voice , as if he was standing just by the door . She was taken aback for a moment as her palm went to her chest , to calm her raging heart.
" Damien , love , please hurry." She tried to mind link back but she wasn't strong enough. She sighed out of frustration , she had never felt so powerless before.
"Renee , my little one , hang in there. Can you feel me ,  can you feel my power within your blood. At the right moment use it , my bunny , use it to kill that devil." She could hear her mothers  voice.
"Maaa , mom  can you hear me ? What do I do , how do I kill him?" She tried really hard to get through to her mother, her head started throbbing.
Suddenly the she wolves around her stopped moving and retreated out of her room. She felt him before she heard him. He cleared his throat as he approached her. Drake looked at her as he held her shoulders and bent down to breathe in her neck. Renee shuddered involuntarily and felt like ripping out his eyes.
" My beautiful bride , you look divine in that white dress , befitting a queen. Your mother would've worn that but alas that wasn't her destiny." He said smiling at her through the mirror.
"Destiny is a funny game , isn't it love ? Our destinies were sealed even before we were born, we were linked to each other." He said caressing her neck.
" It's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding" Renee said begrudgingly.
" Oh my beautiful, how can you ever bring me ill fate. You are what will make me powerful and happy ?" He said.
"And what will make me happy ? Will you make me happy Drake ?" She asked glaring at him.
He bent down to the crook of her neck and nibbled at Damien's mark, " I am the only one who can truly make you happy love , make you the powerful queen , not some lowly alpha mutt. It's best if you forget that punk Renee." He said as he grabbed the behind of her neck.
Tears slipped through the Renee's eyes as she hastily tried to wipe them away, not wanting to be vulnerable in front of this vile man.
"Oh darling, don't cry. I will make you mine and keep you happy always. Till death do us apart , love !" He said smirking at her as he left her alone.
'Till death do us apart , indeed .' Renee thought as she looked at herself. She had to kill this man. Even if it meant being his wife.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

I hope you guys like this chapter. I haven't uploaded in a long long time but I will try to finish this in a few days.
Please do comment , vote and follow.
This chapter isn't edited.
I will soon post a new book which will be werewolf with a crime and mystery twist.
Happy reading !