Ignorance is not always a bliss

Renee groggily got up to  the young morning light peeking through the curtains. Looking to her left, she was delighted to see Damien sleep like a log with his hand casually draped on her waist. She decided to bunk school and stay at home as she was still feeling low. Without disturbing Damien she quickly grabbed her cellphone and typed a message to Jess saying that she won't make it to school today. 

After that she decided to rest a little and settle back again in bed. After about  half an hour into her sleep she saw her again. She was running in the forest while people chased her. She was crying and running really fast, her white gown was stained with blood. Suddenly she stopped running and looked at Renee and smiled through her tears. 'Tread  carefully, my baby' was all she said before she was swallowed up by the earth. 

Renee suddenly sat up with a cold sweat running down her spine. Damien too was jolted awake when Renee sat up. He could see that she was shivering and her cheeks were tear-stained. "Hey baby whats wrong?" Damien asked her as he scooted near  to hug her.

"I saw her again Damien! aaah ... she was running in the forest ....! Why am I dreaming about her? I have never in my whole life dreamt about her" Renee said exasperated as she lay her head on his shoulder. 

"Don't  worry love. We will find out about it. We will decipher it. Together!" Damien said as he kissed her head. 

"I Love you Lucius." Renee said softly. 

"Love you too Ella." Damien said with a hint of a smile on his face.

"I am staying at home today."Renee informed Damien as a matter of factly.  

"Good you need to rest and also I need to talk to you about something which can wait till you freshen up and have a healthy breakfast. You skipped dinner and you definitely need some meat on these bones." Damien said teasingly as he pinched her arm. 

"Are you calling me skinny. I am soo not skinny." Renee said faking hurt as she tried to give a shocked expression. 

"Yeah yeah keep fooling yourself babygirl, now lift you skinny ass and go freshen up. I guess breakfast must be ready by now." Damien said. 

Renee just nodded and gave him a little peck and before he could catch her, she ran to the bathroom. 

"Ella you know you have to give me a proper kiss." Damien yelled as he heard the bathroom  door shut close. 

He was glad that he could lighten her up. Her dreams and the man trying to take her away were related and so was her mother to all this mess,  was his conclusion so far. He had decided to travel to Renee's father's pack and talk to the alpha there. He wanted to dig up as much information as he could  about her parents. He got up from the bed and headed to his study table in the room where he had kept the two photos and the little write up information he could collect so far about her mother and father, Damien thought he would inform her about the lunatic but that would be all. He had a hunch that her mother's death was related to their situation but he would keep this information to himself momentarily.

Damien changed into faded jeans and a loose t-shirt and waited for Renee so they could head down together for breakfast. He leaned on the balcony wall and gazed down at the small pups playing soft ball. He smiled as a kid tripped and began wailing for his mother. His thoughts went to Renee and when she would be round with his pup. He had to make her his but first he had to sort out this mess. He first smelled her alluring scent as she stepped out of the bathroom in denim shorts and a cotton shirt. Even in such basic attire his mate looked beautiful. 

She was drying her  hair when she felt his eyes on her. "You look ravishing as always." Damien commented as he stalked towards her with intensity.