Questions and answers

The wise man doesn't give the right answers, he poses the right questions.

-Claude Levi-Strauss

Sitting across the people who raised you , the Alpha who protected you and the people who loved you , questioning them about your life was a colossal task . But Renee had to do it , for protecting them .

"I thank you all to assemble here at the earnest . Without wasting much time I will get to the point . " Renee started .

"I know the truth now , well a part of it ..My parents didn't die in a car crash ." She said looking straight at her grandpa.

"But I guess you all knew about it . My mom and dad were killed by Homer " Renee said .

Luna Rebecca paled and started crying . Renee was puzzled at her behaviour .

"I guess you know who Homer is ?" Renee asked .

"I don't !" Damien spoke up .

"He is the king of the devils , son . Not a being to be messed with."Alpha John stated .

"So you knew about it , why didn't you tell me ? Dad my mate is in danger here and you are hiding things. I can't believe this." Damien yelled.

"I told him to hide it . Damien you don't know Homer , for heavens sake he killed your grandpa" Luna Rebecca said to him .

Everyone was shocked for sometime . No one spoke , no one dared to even look at each other .

Renee was at loss of words she didn't know how to tell them her true identity.

"Your an angel , aren't you? Her grandma spoke up. "Just like your mother? " her grandma asked .

Renee just nodded .

Her grandpa continued"Everyone hoped you would take after your dad and become a werewolf . We never thought you would get both the genes"

"What the hell do you mean your an angel ? " Damien asked angrily .

" Damien. ... calm down son" his father ordered.

"Damien let me explain ... my mom .. she was an angel" I said .

" How can she be an angel..... ?" Damien asked.

"We found her mom at our doorstep one morning. Your grandpa was her true guardian. We worked under his orders . Alas we couldn't protect her ."grandpa said emotions swirling his words .

"Homer took my mom to mate with her and make her his queen . I think so he wanted her power but she was already mg dad's mate . His plan didn't work out . " Renee told them .

"So why the hell is Homer behind you now?"Damien asked .

"He isn't. His son is .To make me his queen ."Renee quoted the very words written on the letter.

"We don't have much information about his son . The elders only know that his son was born almost three decades ago . We don't know how he looks, what power he possesses. " Alpha John added .

"We need to find more information about him . Informing the elders is a must . Maybe they can help us , they can gain information from their sources.

"Yes . I will right away talk to them . " Alpha John said leaving the room to meet up with the elders .

"All we know about his is that he is strong enough to come close . Real close to the pack house . He might even be staying within the territory" Damien spoke up .

" I agree son . The recent deaths can be attributed to him . " grandpa spoke up .

Renee just listened taking in all the information.

She could never forget the golden eyes staring at her menacingly.

"You met her ? " grandma suddenly asked Renee.

"She spoke to me in my dream . She's happy you know !!! I could sense it." Renee said smiling at the memory of her mom.

"She loved your dad a lot . Being with him makes her happy. " Grandma said .

Renee just nodded and quickly wiped away the tears that spilled .

She looked at Damien who seemed lost in his thoughts as he paced in front of them .

" We will get going now . I will speak to the elders myself and go through manuscripts. "Renee's grandpa said .

"Take care baby .... rest . Do not worry , we will find a way out , together" her grandma said kissing her on her forehead.

Luna Rebecca was the last to leave . She hugged Renee and pecked her on the cheek . She still looked disturbed.

Damien was now looking at Renee with a strong look in his eyes .

He just said ,"We have to mate " before he stormed out of the room pulling Renee out with him .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------