Chapter 2

I love you. You are mine. I will kill any bastard that tries to take you away from me."

- from On Dublin street

Renee ran out of the house and went straight to the woods behind the house. She knew that Damien was her mate. He was the Alpha to be so that would make her the future Luna.

This scared her. He scared her. This responsibility was daunting. She had always considered herself as mateless. She had dreams and plans about the future. None of them included being the Luna. She wasn't ready for this. She wanted her freedom.

But on the other hand he was her true mate and rejecting him was not an option. She was pacing in the woods when she knew he was there, standing behind her, watching.

"You shouldn't have run away from me." Damien said. His wolf was annoyed when Renee had run away from him.

"I was too shocked." she replied softly. He took a step towards her. She took a step away from him. He smirked. "Are you scared of me?" He asked with amusement in his tone.

"I am. .. aah I. aah. .. No" Renee was tongue-tied by his question. Renee suddenly found herself pressed against the trunk of a tree. Damien held her captive by placing his hands on either side of her head. She was perturbed and tried to avoid looking at him.

He chuckled and said "Look at me hun. I am your mate I will never hurt you. But I am an Alpha and I don't share easily. Well you are mine and always will be mine. Save me the trouble of ripping their head off if any one of them touches you." He said huskily as he placed butterfly kisses on her neck.

He suddenly inhaled her scent. It was mixed with Jake's scent.He stiffened. Renee felt pleasure as he continued kissing her neck. She suddenly felt his canines scrape her neck. He was going to mark her.

"Damien stop please." She whimpered, trying to push him away.

Damien held her against him and whispered in a cold and threatening voice.

"Don't tell me what to do baby girl. And stay away from Jake. His dirty scent is all over you". He kissed her on her lips slowly.

"Let's go in, dad wants to make an announcement to the pack."

Renee sighed and said "You go ahead I need a few minutes to calm down. Please."

"Yeah, but hurry up."

He kissed her cheek and headed inside.

Renee contemplated about what just happened. Alpha's were possessive of their mates. She also realized that he had a hot head just like his dad. But that did not mean that she would listen to every thing he said. He had no right to tell her that she should stay away from Jake. He was her best friend afterall.

She made her way in the house and into the backyard. There was a makeshift stage where Alpha John and Damien stood.

She spotted Jess and went and stood besides her. She gave her a warm smile. She also spotted Jake standing besides his brother. He looked at her and winked. She just smiled back. When she looked at the stage she met Damien's hard glare.

Alpha John began speaking "Thank you all for coming here and joining us to celebrate the return of my son and his beta. I am extremely happy that my son is taking over this pack. His oath taking ceremony will be held next week and formal invitations will be given to all the members of the pack. I hope he will fulfill his responsibility with utmost sincerity. "
Everybody started applauding. He then asked Damien to say a few words.

"Hi everyone. Long time no see huh. I would again like to thank you all to attend my homecoming party. I am happy to takeover this pack. But I think it will take me some time to fit in my dad shoes. They are really huge. " He said jokingly.