Ambivalecy of the heart

Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up. - James Baldwin.

Renee could not sleep at all. The battered up face of Jake kept cropping up in her mind. She could not believe that Damien could such a thing. It was a known fact that Alphas were extremely overprotective of their mates but Damien had taken the protectiveness to a whole new level. She was restless and decided to make herself a cup of hot chocolate. It helped her to calm down.

She went downstairs to the kitchen. She took out the milk and chocolate. She was about to open the cabinet to retrieve a cup when she heard her gran coming down the stairs and into the kitchen. "I heard you leave your room. Can't sleep? Are you ok honey?"

Gran asked lovingly. Renee couldn't keep up the facade anymore as she let out the taps of tears to flow. "Gran everythings a mess. I am scared and worried. I love Damien gran I really do. But it is just that he drives me crazy "

"Honey he is an Alpha. You know your grandpa was a beta back in the old days and he was by far the most possessive man I have ever seen. Its natural baby girl. Male wolfs are terretorial. You just have to find a way to wrap them around your finger. They think being all cave man makes us fall in love with them. "Gran said with a slight humor in her voice. "Give your relationship some time.Talk to him and work things out. "

Renee nodded her head. "I love you gran "

"I love you too honey. Sit down I will make you some hotchocolate. " Gran smiled at her and started making hot chocolate.

Both of them had a leisure chat along with a cup of hot chocolate. After that both of them headed to their respective rooms. Renee always felt better and happier after having a chat with gran. She settled down in the bed and after sonetime dozed off into deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The following morning Renee got up fresh and ready to take on a new day at school.She freshed up and wore denim shorts with a cute red short tunic top. She let her hair down and applied a little gloss. She went down the stairs and into the kitchen. She was running late so she grabbed a granola nar and headed for the door. She buckled up in her Merc and drove to school.she was glad that the bell was yet to ring as she made her way to her class. She saw Jess at her locker. She mouthed see you in class and headed for her locker. "Hey babygirl,wanna come out with me? " Aske Joshua. He was a human and a bigtime jock. Even the she wolfs were attracted to this sorry excuse of a man. "That is an invitation to get your teeth punched out of your mouth."Growled a voice behind me. I turned to see a pissed off Jake glaring daggers at Joshua. "Okay guys chill. Jake we are getting late for class." I pulled Jake by his sleeve but didn't budge. He was face to face with Joshua in mere seconds and bellowed "Keep your dirty hands away from my girl." Joshua just smirked and pushing Jake walked away.

"Jake come on. That wa not needed. I could have handled it. "

"Oh Rey stop whining like a kid.That guy just disgusts me. I love intimidating him. And he has to learn that your off limits. Now we don't want the Alpha breathing down his neck, do we? "

" I hope you are okay. I am really sorry for what happened yesterday ".

"Oh no worries bunny. He is in love with you and cares for you. His way of showing love is just wrong. "

" I love him too. But he has no right to just go and knock around people who are imporatant to me. "

"I am a big guy. That just hurt my wolf pride bunny. " Jake faker being hurt. Renee just giggled and both of them made their way into class. I spotted Jess and made my way to her. "Hey what took you so long. ??"