Start of something new !

Renee sat at the table having dinner with the pack. She was surrounded by loud and jubilant young wolves who were engaged in animated conversations. Damien hadn't returned and she was getting worried. From the look on his face Renee knew that Alpha John had been informed about the incidence. Jake was sitting besides her while Jess sat across her.  Jake tried to make small talk with her but gave no trying when he realized that she was distracted. 

Renee could not remove that scene from her mind. She had danced against his warm body yesterday at the party and now he lay dead and cold. 

After dinner Renee sat with Rebecca and watched Grace play with her mommy. Damien did not return till 10 in the night. Renee had already readied her stuff for school and was lying on the bed when Damien entered the room. He looked tired and stressed. Her wolf could sense his wolf's trepidation.  Without even acknowledging her presence he headed for the bathroom and after cleaning up he changed into his pajamas and slid next to her in the bed. She knew right away that something was amiss. She slowly creeped behind him and hugged him from behind . "I thought you were asleep!" Damien exclaimed. In response Renee just snuggled into his back and asked him in a small voice, "Talk to me Damien, I know that something isn't right about Richard's death. I don't know why but I do feel responsible for what happened to him. Does anyone one else other than the Alpha know about this?"

"No one knows except the family of course. And I had to inform dad. He is the current Alpha afterall. "Damien said while rolling over to face her.

"I feel so sorry for Richard's mom. She is a very kind lady." Renee said in a tearful voice.

"Shhh... baby it's not your fault. Bad things happen and we have to deal with them Rey" Damien said trying to soothe her. Renee buried her head in his chest and sobbed a little more before dozing off to sleep. 

                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day Renee was awakened by the blaring alarm and Damien's cussing words. She sleepily hit the snooze the button on the alarm and lay back in his arms. The alarm blared again but unlike the last time Damien woke up. He grabbed the alarm and threw it across the room. The clock hit the wall with a loud thud and broke into a million pieces. This brought Renee out of her slumber and she woke up realizing that she was late for school. She tried to get out of the bed but was pulled back due to Damien's arm which was draped around her waist . She decided to wake him up or she would be really late. "Damien ... Damien. Please get up! Damien!" She yelled. He suddenly shot out of the bed and to a defensive stance and scanned the room for threats. Looking at him Reenee could not help but laugh at him. He looked so funny with his 'I am the Alpha expression'

He soon realized that there was no one around and it was Renee who was trying to wake him up. While she sat there laughing her melodious laugh, he stalked towards her. Too busy in laughing her ass, out Renee did not realize what was happening. She was suddenly pushed to the bed and Damien was looming over her form. He whispered in her ear, "Is this a way to awaken your mate Ella? You are becoming naughtier with the days!"

He started nibbling at her earlobe and Renee just melted in his arms. "Your fragrance is exquisite. I cannot wait to make you mine completely Ella." Damien whispered as he started nibbling at his mark. Renee's wolf was purring with ecstasy. She was in heat and having her mate do such things to her made her happy. They both were cut out of their moment when Renee's cell started ringing. Damien growled at the intrusion and Renee just sighed. He then grabbed the phone from the nightstand and checked who was calling his mate this early. On reading Jake's name he growled even louder. He quickly rejected his phone call and threw the phone on the other side of the bed. Renee then realized that she had to attend school today. Today was important as she had to present a report on history with Jake. "Was it Jake? Oh God I am late!" She mumbled. Getting up from the bed was yet again a challenge as she was pinned down by Damien. He growled in her ear "Where do you think you are going? You are staying here. No school today Ella. Not when you are in heat."

"I have to go Lucius. I have to present a report today. Let me go, I need to get ready" Renee said in a calm stern voice. He just growled in response and pushed himself on her even more. It wasn't safe for Renee to go alone anywhere. The maniac who was trying to take his mate away was on the loose.  He did not even know who was staking a claim on his mate. 

"No you are not. You are staying here with me till you heat is over. No going near any guy and especially not Jake." Damien stated sternly. 

"I am sick of this Damien. I am going to school. I am not asking your permission. So let me go." Renee yelled at him as she tried to free herself from his grip. 

"No you are not going alone anywhere. Not without me. " 

"Damien, stop acting like a stubborn child.  Let me go. I am already late "Renee yelled again. By now she was in tears, frustrated at her obdurate mate. 

"Stop crying Ella. My decision is final. You are not going anywhere." Damien said dismissively. Suddenly Renee calmed down and stared at him for a few seconds. 

Damien was perplexed at her behaviour and was even more awestruck when he saw her eyes flickering between blue and brown. 

"Get up Lucius." Renee said in a serene voice. Damien could feel his wolf surrender to her command and as if in a trance he got up from the bed and went and stood near the window. He failed to decipher what was wrong with him and his wolf. He saw her get up from the bed and head to the bathroom. He noticed that her walk had changed. It had become more graceful and elegant. He tried to move from the spot but failed as if he was bound by invisible chains. He could hear the shower being turned on. He tried to mindlink Renee but was unable to do so. The bathroom door opened and Renee steeped out in a white fluffy towel draped around her . She walked into the wardrobe. As she closed the wardrobe door the invisible chains binding him were broken as he could move now. He was shell shocked at the events that had occured. His mate was special. He had the third strongest Alpha bloodline. If his mate could command his wolf in such a way then she would definitely have a stronger bloodline. But her grandfather was a beta and so was her father. Something was missing in the puzzle. He was cut out of his thoughts when he saw Renee step out in Jeans and a tee. She looked at him with questioning brown eyes. "Are you okay Damien?" She questioned, concern reflecting in her voice. Damien just looked at her in surprise. Her eyes were brown again and her walk was normal too. "Oh yeah. Renee be careful at school. If you need me just link, okay?" He said. Damien had to find out about his mate. Her had to study her complete family tree. He had to be sure that she would be safe so he was planning to send one of his guards to school just to keep an eye. He hoped that knowing about her family would help him find out who was after her!

Renee just smiled at him and came towards him and pecked him on his lips. She was behaving as if the last hour had not happened. As if they had not yelled at each other and she had not commanded him. "Oh baby you know I am never satiated by a chaste kiss" Damien growled pulled her to give her a nice long kiss. He could sense his wolf communicating with her wolf. His wolf was telling him that Ella was okay. Damien heaved a sigh of relief as he let go of her. He heard her giggle and blush as she bid him good bye. As soon as she closed the door he linked his father 'Dad we need to talk.'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the next chapter. It is a little short but I will try to write a longer one the next time. I hope you guys like it. I apologize for the wait. Please feel free to vote comment and fan !

Edited by @AnkitaLakshmanan

Ciao:D