Pure love

Alone we can do so little , together we can do so much . - Helen Keller

Damien stood in the war room of the pack house, flanked by the best of his warriors and Renee's family.He was still out of his wits when he thought about the witch. She irked him a little, but this wasn't the time to dwell on such thoughts. Renee's grandparents where shocked beyond words to see Renee's mother standing in flesh and bone. Still they embraced her with teary eyes.
His father asked him " What do you plan on doing son ?"
Damien looked at Dahlia and she began " Drake just like his father keeps a stone , conjured out of evil magic. It is placed in the basement of the castle. This very stone is the source from which the castle draws it's magic "
Renee's mother added" This stone is the very reason I could never use my powers there. I am channelling my power to Renee which will help her fight Drake if the time comes. "
Dahlia conjured up an image of the stone. It was pure red with hues and swirls of black within.
"With some help I have been able to come up with the map of the basement and a way of destroying it as well. The stone is made of pure hatred. So only pure love can destroy it. "
Damien jumped at this "So all I have to do is break that damn thing ? My love for Renee is enough right ?" He asked Dahlia " That's the catch , your love isn't pure enough. The love between mates is tainted my emotions of jealousy or anger sometimes. The purest of them all can only be used to break it. Only the love of a mother can break the stone."
Renee's mother said " I am going to need your help mom , I need you to get my baby back."
Renee's grandmother looked at us with determination." Just tell me what to do. I want my Renee back in my arms."
Dahlia continued " I will need to channel the both of you while the Alpha will breach the basement and physically break the stone. "
" That will do ." Damien said.
" There are guards posted at every turn in that castle. The only way to kill them is their neck. That's how Drake's father killed a couple of them in front of me. " Renee's mother added.
" The stone is a powerful entity. It will try to attract you towards it with the promises of ultimate power. I will cast a protection spell on you all , but it might weaken as I try to channel these two. "
"My warriors and I have a trained for a long time to not get deterred by power and greed. Give us your spell, but we will never succumb to such greed." Damien said.
"We set out towards the castle in a couple of hours. The marriage will take place at 7 in the evening tomorrow. Renee will have to hang in there . She must!"

Meanwhile in the castle Renee sat at a table large enough to feed one pack. Drake sat beside her and concentrated on eating his food. Renee had a weird feeling in her stomach. She still could feel the power of her mother coursing through her being. She knew when the time was right she would need to use it . She was going to kill this bastard.
"Stop fiddling with your food princess" Drake said
"I am not hungry. I wish to go to bed " she said getting up from the table.
" Sit down. Do not try my patience. Tomorrow is an important day princess . I need you strong and fresh. The elites and royals will be here to witness our wedding. You have to be on your best behaviour love."
"I hate you Drake " was all she said and tried to run away . But Drake was quick enough and he had Renee by the throat against the wall in a flash.
"Something is different about you princess. Your eyes looks different. Hmmmm more determined. It will be fun to see that hope you have in there vanish tonight. You will be a beautiful bride princess. Beautiful . " Drake ran his nose along her neck.
"Take her to the room , and send a meal there " was all Drake said before he went back to his dinner. Renee stood there , shocked and a bit dazed. Whenever he neared she could feel her power decrease.
Then as if reading her thoughts Drake looked at her and at the ring on his index finger. Her eyes followed his and she understood it. It was a beautiful yellow diamond , with a letter R engraved in it. She had failed to notice it before this. She knew now what had to be done.
" We are coming for you, love" She could hear the echo of Damien's voice. And that gave her hope to fight.

——————————————————————————————————————
First of all I want to apologise for my tardiness to update this . I have been busy with work and studies. It's almost been a year since I've uploaded.
I hope you all like this and I will try to upload as often as I can