Tryst towards love

Damien and his warriors were in wolf form as they crossed the sea on a boat. The wolves stationed at the end of the cave would not be able to catch onto their smell and see the boat due to Dahlias magic. However on reaching the shore they had to kill the wolves within a span of two minutes as Dahlia's spell would wear off and she would have to concentrate on counteracting the protective spell safe guarding this castle. Despite odds being against them Damien was determined to get Renee home.
All Damien could think was about Renee. Her eyes, her smile , her innocence and want to help everyone around her. Come what may today , no matter what happened he could not let evil win.

They reached the shore , and Dahlia mind linked them " Now or never. To the beginning of the end " and Damien could see the wolves patrolling look at them with surprise. They ambushed them when they least expected it. Damien let out a howl , loud enough to warn Drake that he was here to take Renee back home. His wolf was like a ninja and was on a killing rampage. His warriors were no less and in a few minutes all of them were dead.
He was surprised that Drake had kept a few guards to station and such a weak point.
As they approached the cave , he and his warriors were suddenly thrown away by an imaginary barrier. It was like an electrocution and in that one second Damien relieved his life , his parents , his little sister , his love and in the end he saw Drake. Just as he snapped out of this , he saw his warriors were struggling too.
"Dahlia what in the hell is happening " Damien barked.
"Apologies. Give me a moment to sort this. Something has changed in the place since Renee's mom had been here. I'm honing off Renee's spirit but there is something else . I'm unable to understand it. It's making it difficult to enter. " Dahlia said.
"We don't have much time. I bet Drake must have been intimated by now. We need to rush. "
Just as he was yelling through his mind link , another voice was added. "Do not yell at my grand daughter young man. "
Damien assumed that it was Dahlia's grandmother who had somehow landed up with them.
"Glad you could make it to help us. I'm grateful." Damien acknowledged her.

Dahlia and her grand mom kept on chanting while holding hands with Renee's mother and grand mother. "We can break the spell for mere seconds, I hope that's enough time to get you and your guys inside. "

Damien quickly nodded. " Guys won my command." as he waited for Dahlias response .
"NOW Damien." Dahlia yelled.
"Now. Run" was all Damien said as they barged through the cave.

Renee could feel Damien near by and was sure he was here , but yet she couldn't communicate with him. She was ready all prim and proper with her hair pinned by a diamond studded comb, which kept her veil in place. There was no denying she felt beautiful but her situation was agast. She knew it was wrong,it was supposed to be Damien, but she had promised herself that no matter what she would kill this man today. Drake was pure evil. But her heart ached for him in a way which was foreign to her. It wasn't love , hell she hated his guts. But there was something that always pulled her towards him. It was a very primitive perhaps basic emotion like two poles of a magnet.

Suddenly she felt a bolt of power within her, which she was certain was being channelled by her mother. "Bunny , please hang in there. Damien is coming for you. But he won't be able to kill him. Only pure love can kill him. Once you see Damien you have to take them to the basement. That is where the stone is ."her mother said.
Renee was confused , she remembered the ring that Drake wore. She tried to project the picture of the ring to her mother, she kept of thinking about it but everything was becoming a blur and her mothers link was weakening.
But she could hear her mother mumbling " no this can't be no ...... oh my love....." before she could decipher was her mother was trying to say Drake stormed in. She suddenly started feeling queasy and her head was throbbing.
" That mutt ........ that stupid mutt would never listen would he. He just wants to ruin everything." He grabbed her by the arm and began pulling her towards the basement. We were to be married in the garden under the moon as it eclipsed. But Damien , that arrogant mutt had to ruin everything."
"Why don't you just give up. You will fail just like your father did." Renee said with a calm tone. She had to be level headed,
Drake quickly grabbed her by the chin and pushed her to the wall," Say that again princess, come one say it . You are highly mistaken if you think I will let you walk out of this castle with that mutt. It's either me or no one else. "
Renee could look at the ring closely now , it seemed so familiar the intricate R on the stone made her go back her memory lane. Drake looked at her observe his ring. He pulled on her chin and kissed her just to annoy her. Renee pushed at his chest.
" What happened princess, trying to remember something or someone ?" He asked her mocking her struggle to remember.
He trailed a finger down her cheek
" You will have all the time in this world to spend with the owner of the ring once we are married and this castle becomes your home."
"This is will never be my home......" Renee was cut short by one of Drakes warrior running up to him. They spoke in a language foreign to her but she somehow knew that it had to do something with Damien as Drake grew furious with every word.
"Please don't hurt him Drake please . I'm marrying you ... I'm doing what you want. Please don't hurt him ... "
Drake just looked at her and continued to drag her towards the basement.

_______________________________________________________________
Hey guys
I've updated after years.
I hope you like the chapter. There is so much more to come.......
Like share and comment 😊