Father?

Renee could not fathom what was happening. Time stood still around her, all she could think was about the voices in her head , her mother's voice and now her father. She felt as if life had lost meaning and everything seemed surreal. The life she had known was a joke, the people she deemed dead were now standing in front of her.

"Dad ...... ,"she whispered, walking numbly towards her father.
He spread his arms wide, inviting her for a hug. Renee slowly walked towards him, trepidation and awe inked on her face.
She slowly rested her head on his chest and felt tears escape her eyes.
"Don't cry my child. This is what you were destined for," he slowly whispered.

Renee couldn't believe that her father was saying this. All of this was a huge quagmire and she felt drained and stuck at the same time. She looked up at him, his eyes were different. Her father had light brown eyes. She definitely remembered that, all the photos she had seen of him as a child, the memory was crystal clear.
"Dad ..... Damien is my mate ...... not Drake. He just wants my power, he doesn't care about me," she said with determination.
"No my child ..... this is your true destiny. This was supposed to be your mother but I came in her life and you know the aftermath of that."
"But .... you are supposed to be dead. I was told you died with mom," Renee whispered.
"This is my retribution, I watched her die and I could do nothing about it. Living my life in servitude has been my punishment ever since," he said cupping her cheek and giving her a kiss on the forehead.
" Oh stop with this drama already. It's giving me a headache! Renee dear, your father, well whatever remains of him is under our protection. His soul is in my palm." Nathaniel, Drake's father stated menacingly.
"Come here, princess, let's get on with our wedding," Drake motioned Renee to come towards him.
"I am going to get us out of here, " Renee whispered in her father's ear as she felt herself being dragged. Renee hated the fact that Drake's touch wasn't repulsive. On the contrary she felt warm whenever he was near. But that was just her human part, while her wolf receded back into her own cave whenever Drake was around.
Suddenly feeling an energy surge within her, Renee could feel everyone's heart beat around her and her wolf was howling with happiness. She could feel her mother's energy grow within her, quickly grabbing her father she hugged him tight," I can feel mom within me, her energy is powering my soul. Please just hang in there.... My eyes are hers, my heart beats with hers and our love is the same. "
Irritated with her antics Drake, grabbing her arm, pulled her towards the centre, where the red stone rested, protected by his power.
" Enough with your melodrama. There is no getting out of here, your life is here with me, by my side. You better get that through your thick skull," Drake said grabbing her chin a little too hard.
"Well if that is the case darling, you are in for a hell of a ride. I am no slave, you need me and my power. At the end of this only one of us will stand, either you or me, Drake. You might hold certain power over me, but my soul, my life, belongs with Damien. It's him or nothing,"
Renee gritted out as Drake's hand tightened around her neck.
" Stop flaunting that stupid mutt, just like your father did, he too is nothing but a pest that needs to be squandered. You cannot harm me, love, I am in too deep already,"  he snarls out, showing his canines off, hinting at marking her.

Alaena could feel her power being drained into Renee, but through it all she could suddenly feel her mate bond. She could never forget how he smelled , like when the rain would hit the ground for the very first time, his aftershave interlaced with it. This was her mate, she was sure if that. How, he could be alive, was beyond her. But life had given her too many surprises to ignore this. She quickly wiped away her tears and looked at the witch," Is this the fastest we can go? I need to get in there right now!"

Nodding, Dahlia signaled the one steering their speed boat to hurry up. She could feel the energy ripple through the air. What she waws going to witness was a once in a lifetime scenario. She had to make sure that Nathaniel would not win at any cost. They had an old grudge to settle and she had promised that she would be the one to end his life.

Alaena was getting restless. She knew that this could very well be a trap. Feeling Nathaniel near by added to her anger and hurt. That evil man was the cause of her life going downhill, his hunger and greed for power, which wasn't his, has caused this mess.
Speeding through the water to the entrance of the castle she could feel his evilness crawl on her skin. Before he killed her, Nathaniel had marked her over Robert's mark. So in a way she was still linked to Nathaniel. Even though it was a weak link she could feel his energy and that would help her het to her destination. In the end, this vile man's energy would lead Alaena to her family agian.