Culmination

Damien was fighting off Drake when he heard Alaena yell out Renee's name. Fearing the worst he looked towards her and it was opportunity enough for Drake to tackle him. Luckily in time his warriors attacked Drake from behind and Damien ran towards Renee.

"The stone is winning..." Alaena mumbled.

"Fight it love...please come back to me", Damien said as he knelt near Renee's immobile form. He tried t to take the stone out of her hand, but to no avail.But the stone shone brighter and Renee's palm kept growing redder. Suddenly, she changed the stone from one hand to another.

"What's wrong with her? Why can't we get the stone away from her? It's like she's in a trance", Damien said perplexed at Renee's action.

"Call the witch, she might know what's wrong", Alaena said.

In the background Drake was using this opportunity to plan his escape. He knew the warriors were weak, so summoning his last of his strength he aimed his energy at them, buying him time enough to run away.

He felt heartbroken to leave Renee lying there on the floor, surrounded by that mutt and her family. She was his queen,and their  stone lay clutched in her hand while she struggled to control its power. But he wasn't strong enough to fight this war, he knew when to leave and when to stay. And as he left his land, he sneaked one last look at her, making a solemn vow that they would live a life together. King and queen, strong, hand in hand.

The witch, Dahlia, was fighting one of Drakes warriors when she realised that Drake had left. The warriors suddenly stopped fighting and as if life had been suck out of them, they all collapsed to the ground.

Damien, realized it too, his wolf could not feel Drakes presence anymore.

"He's gone", Alaena said as she ran towards her mate who , also lay on the ground.

"I have to find that vile man....," Damien said as he got up trying to run towards the exit.

"Stop.... He's long gone. I can't sense him anymore", Alaena said as she helped Robert get up.

"I can't feel him, either", Dahlia, said as she ran towards Renee.

"Don't think I didn't notice you called him brother, Dahlia" Alaena said as she helped Robert towards Renee.
" It's a story for another time. We need to get Renee out of here. The power of the stone keeps growing and enticing her soul", Dahlia said holding Renee's other hand.

Suddenly, Renee let out a blood curdling scream and she got up.

" Damien..... I see him. Damien...." , Renee said as she sprang up and started scratching the hand that held the stone.

" We have to protect her. Damien he's coming," Renee kept on blabbering.
"Who's coming Renee? Please, calm down. You are safe now. Drake is gone now", Damien said trying to calm her down.
"No..... you don't understand. He's going to kill us all." Renee was hysterical as she looked around for Drake.
"Drake knows about him. He's going to help him. We need to stop him, please... Damien."

Alaena sensing her distress, quickly embraced her and whispered in her ear.

" I've seen the same vision you have seen, love. I've seen death walk towards me. We will fight him, the good always wins! But, please breathe, love. We need to gather our strength."

Renee calmed down a little but the fear within her remained deep rooted.

Damien came to hug her, his smell was soothing. He licked her mark beneath Drakes' and Renee struggled to hide the wince. She knew this mark was going to complicate things as she wrapped herself around Damien.

" I've finally found you, my love. This time apart was too long and agonising."

She nodded her head as she reached in for a kiss. She finally found solace wi the Damien around, her wolf happy at her mates proximity.

" Take me home. Take me to where I belong. "