05

100 READS! TY YALL also I don't like how this font makes zeroes look like "o's"
__________________________________

"Are you sure I should come along?"

Suga seemed a bit hesitant, you were the one who was invited, not him, and although he knew Hinata in Highschool, he still would feel out of place there.

"Of course! Just stick by my side and everything should be alright!"

After a bit more persuading, he gave in, and you both got into your car to drive to the BBQ place. Before exiting the vehicle, you told him something,
"If you ever feel uncomfortable, let me know, and we can leave, okay?"

He nodded to you, and the two of you entered the restaurant, and were waved over to a table by an ecstatic owl.

You sat down next to the owl, and Suga sat down next to you as well. You really hoped you wouldn't have to pay for BBQ for six, and silently prayed that it was covered by the volleyball players.

The server brought the plates of meat to the table, and instantly they were being snatched away onto the grill. You managed to get yourself a good amount of meat, but after looking to your side, you saw that Suga got little to none.

You placed some of your cooked meat on the plate in front of him,
"Eat up, we work with children, we need all the sustenance we can get!"

His eyes shone bright at the meat on his plate, and he happily ate his food after silently thanking you.

The beef was sizzling on the grill,
"I really liked what you said about sho..."

Hinata tried to find another way to rephrase that,

The blonde fox interjected,
"Midgets?"

"Hey!"

They started to quarrel a little, and it reminded you of your younger years, which ended up reminding you that these people forgot about you.

Eventually Hinata was able to complete his sentence,
"Anyways, I really liked how you talked about that, I totally could have used a pep-talk like that when I was younger!"

'I totally gave you one before but okay,'
"Yeah, back in my Highschool days I knew some people who were looked down on both metaphorically and literally because of their hight, but they ended up achieving great things! Like Y-"

You realized what you were about to say, and quickly came up with a save that you were very proud of,
"...YAKU!"

He tilted his head and the other players listened in,
"Morisuke?"

"Yeah! I knew him in Highschool and now look at him!"

Suga put a hand on your shoulder, and you suddenly realized everyone at the table was staring at you,
"I thought you said you went to school in Miyagi?"

They were asking too many questions, but you didn't know how to get them to stop,
"I met him through... volleyball!"

"You played?"

"Nope! I was more of a [sport/wii tennis] kind of person,"

They got suspicious of you,
"Then how did you meet him through it?"

"I- uhhhh..."

You couldn't think of an answer, so you stood up,
"IM GONNA GO FOR A SMOKE!"

You walked out of the building and pulled out a pack, putting one in your mouth.

'Goddamn they ask too many questions... It'd be so much easier to make them remember but that'd be so awkward,"

"I didn't take you for a smoker,"