38

It's been a hot minute
__________________________________

"Hey (f/n), you have any gold stars? I ran out. Red are fine too,"

You pulled out a sheet of stars from your desk, handing them to the thankful teacher.

"Hey Koushi, your class is going on a field trip soon, right?"

He nodded his head, then sighing,
"Yeah, but we're down a few chaperones right now,"

You sat up straight, putting a hand on your chest,
"I can do it! I'm great at chaperoning,"

"Are you sure? You still don't have all your memories back,"

You scoffed,
"What's that gotta do with anything? Besides, I haven't been to the zoo in ages! ...probably..."

He seemed to think about it for a moment before speaking,
"Sure! I'll go print you out a copy of the chaperone forms!"

He ran back to his classroom, and during lunch, he arrived with the chaperone forms.

"Thanks Koushi! Anything else I should know about the trip?"

He sat down in front of you, placing his lunch on your desk,
"No, not really. Are you going to the faculty camping trip on the weekend?"

You took out your own lunch, eating a bit of it before replying,
"I'm not really sure, I can't really remember most of the people who work here so it'd probably get pretty awkward,"

You saw him visibly deflate,
"W-what's wrong?"

He gazed down at his food with a sad expression,
"I won't know anyone if you don't go..."

"You manipulative- Fine, I'll go!"

He immediately brightened up, celebrating his victory with a smug grin,
"You won't regret it, it's gonna be so great!"

The two of you finished your lunches in comfortable silence, with Sugawara messaging you the details of the field trip and camping trip before leaving.

Each child excitedly stepped onto the bus, the thought of the zoo fueling each movement.

You walked next to your coworker,
"They're really excited for this, eh?"

Sugawara turned to you with a smile,
"Of course they are, it's the zoo! I remember my first trip to the zoo, it was just like this! Except I was the student, not the teacher,"

"I figured that much out,"

The two of you boarded onto the bus, and after making sure none of his students were missing, Sugawara sat down next to you.

After a few minutes, the bus started up and was on the road.

"So I hear that Hinata's taken up residence on your couch, how's that working for you?"

You sighed,
"It isn't really ideal, but I'm making it work. I upgraded him from a couch to a foldable bed, and even got him a closet! Granted it was from a yard sale, but it's good quality, I promise!"

He chuckled,
"I believe you! I just think it's strange how you're so... okay with him living in your living room,"

You decided to joke,
"Well it's called a living room for a reason!"

...

"AHEM, anyways. He seemed really bummed out about being the reason my memory is all donked up, so I think letting him stay will hopefully make him feel less guilty. Plus, he's a pretty fun roommate!"