17

It's so awkward when you see people you know out and about like I was not expecting this crossover episode
__________________________________

"Hi?"

You looked around and there was no way to escape, you were surrounded, and now you had no way out but to socialize.

You smiled nervously,
"So how's it going?"

You were turned around by the model, who questioned you,
"Why'd you run away?"

You kept scanning around the circles for an escape route,
"Well, you started walking towards me, and hot people are kind of intimidating so I ran,"

"You think I'm hot?"

"I mean, yeah, duh,"

You're attention was grabbed by the fancy looking one,
"How come you ran away from me then?"

"Same reason,"

There was a solid minute of silence before you found yourself a path to freedom, which you promptly took much to the dismay of the others.

"I should probably get going now, bye!"

You bolted to your car and twisted in the keys, driving home. You gave yourself a pat on the back for escaping, but goddamn you could've handled that better. It didn't seem like they remembered you, well, they didn't say your name, which was enough confirmation for you.

"DONT GO IN THE BASEMENT DONT GO IN THE BASEMENT,"

A scream could be heard,

"You are SO stupid,"

As you continued to eat your snacks, you could hear your phone ringing, so you turned the volume down on your tv and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Yes, hi, is this (l/n) (f/n)?"

You ate some more of your snack before answering,
"Yeah?"

"Well, I wanted to ask if you'd like to come to my company for a day or two,"

"Which company?"

He told you the name, which you recognized.

"What would I be doing?"

"Oh we'd just like you to handle employee grievances, you'd get your own temporary office, and talk with our employees,"

You were apprehensive,
"I'm not sure..."

He then told you that you'd be paid a sum of money that was too enticing to give up.

"Deal!"

"Great, I look forward to working with you,"

You hung up, and felt happy inside for being able to secure a nice paying gig, even if it wouldn't last too long. You just hoped none of the employees were weird.

You made it to the gigantic corporate building, squinting as you tried to see the top of it, the sun reflecting off of the tinted glass. You silently thanked your past self for not getting an office job, as you knew they were ROUGH. (I would never be able to work in Japan omg HAVE YOU SEEN THEIR RULES???)

You walked in, and the receptionist gave you an identification card before you took the elevator up to the man who hired you. Walking into his office, you could tell the man was loaded, the whole room just smelled like money.

"Ah, you must be (l/n), right?"

You nodded.

"Great, great, I'll show you to your office then."

He got up and walked over to you, extending and arm, gesturing for you to take it. Internally you giggled, this must be what being rich felt like! As you walked through the halls, you got a couple of looks, but you forgot about them pretty quickly. Soon you made it to a door, and he opened it for you.

You looked around the room in amazement, the whole back wall was a giant window, and there was a wall that had flowing water coming out from it! This was the bougiest office you had ever worked in, and you made a note to enjoy every part of it.

You sat on the chair, enjoying how soft it felt, and how it supported your body so nicely. You ran your hands over your large desk, and opened the drawers to find some chocolate and mints in there.

"I hope it's to your liking,"

You went up to him and shook his hands energetically,
"Are you kidding? This it literally heaven!"

He chuckled at your response, and you went back to your desk.

"Well, I must be getting back to my office. The first employees should be arriving in about 10 minutes,"

"Thank you!"

He left the room, giving you ten minutes to just enjoy the room.

Soon the first group of employees came in, then the next, and the next, and the next. There weren't too many problems, it was mainly just dealing with amenities and maintenance, like how they wanted a new coffee maker, or some cracks in the walls that needed fixing up.

Another group came in, and instead of multiple people, it was just one. He seemed a little nervous as he sat down, but after seeing you, he let out a sigh of relief.

"Kuroo Tetsuro? From the promotion district, correct?"

He grinned at you mischievously,
"Oh cmon (f/n), we're friends! You don't need to talk all serious,"

It was your turn to sigh in relief, happy to know that he still remembered you.

"Okay, let's get through the work first..."

He told you any problems he had with the company, which he didn't have too many of, although he did complain about some of the management letting the power get to their heads. You finished typing on your computer, and looked at the time, seeing you still had a while before the next group came in.

You looked at him,
"So how's everything going for you? I see you've landed a nice job here, I hear they pay well,"

He scooted his chair closer to your desk,
"Oh they do, and life's been going pretty well. I met up with some old friends recently, although one of them decided to run off."

You chuckled nervously,
"I was surrounded! Lately I've been meeting people I knew from Highschool,"

"That sounds nice,"

"It does, but here's the kicker, most of them forgot about me!"

"Strange,"

"Well, considering most of them ghosted me after Highschool, I guess it makes sense,"

You glared at him, and he sweated nervously as he too had ghosted you.

"I swear I didn't mean to! I don't know what happened it just-"

You stopped him,
"It's... fine. What's in the past is in the past, though I'm hoping those mistakes aren't repeated in the future,"

He let out a sigh of relief, though he could tell you were still a bit annoyed. You could feel the tension start to rise, and decided to make him feel more at ease. You put on a smile, and handed him some chocolate.

"It's been nice talking to you Kuroo, I hope to see you again soon,"

As he left the room, he felt something he couldn't recognize. He felt both guilty and happy at the same time, a little hopeful and disappointed at the same time.

In your office, you gave yourself only a moment to recover before the next group arrived, and you put your smile back on
__________________________________
Me when I get hired to do nothing for a million dollars and hour (manifesting)