Udai Tenma Ending

He wasn't sure if you'd ever accept his feelings, especially considering the fact he was a couple of years older than you.

But he knew he had to try, at least to get some closure. He'd gotten his fair share of confessions before, so it should be too hard, right?

Wrong!

Time and time again he'd invite you to hang out, getting oh so close to confessing, but chickening out at the last second. He thought he'd be fine if you rejected him, but after thinking about it, he realized that he wouldn't really be.

I mean of course he'd recover eventually, but what if it ruined your friendship with him? New friends were hard to come by at his age, and with his career, it became increasingly difficult to spend time with others.

But you just made him feel multiple types of ways, all very pleasant. Suddenly, the perfect idea for a confession came to him, and he got to work.

You were a bit worried for your friend, you hadn't heard from him in a while, and the last time you spoke he mumbled something about his 'greatest project yet.'

You heard someone knock on your door, and to your surprise, it was Tenma.

"Hey, are you okay? You haven't been-"

He shoved a thin book in your arms before running off. Even though he hadn't played volleyball in a long while, it seemed that some of the perks from his training stuck.

You decided to write off his odd behavior as a lapse of judgement, and examined the book you had been given.

Was this... the unreleased latest chapter of the manga he works on?!

Feeling like you were doing something illegal, you closed the door, hiding the book in your shirt until you got to your room where you closed the blinds.

You read like you've never before, absorbing each page into your mind as fast as possible, needing to know how the story would progress. It ended on a cliffhanger, but it was still satisfying.

But wait, what was this?! An extra page?

You slowly turned the page, unsure of what you'd see.

"Would you go out with me?"
A little cartoon caricature of the manga artist was on the page as well, holding out a letter with a heart on it.

Well that was definitely the most creative confession you'd ever received.

Tenma laid down in his bed, trying everything in his power to distract himself from you. He knew it'd probably take you a bit to read through to the confession, but what was taking you so long? What if this was your way of rejecting him?

He turned on his side, thinking maybe that'd help him somehow.

Safe to say he was pretty shocked to see you in his room, staring at him intensely.

"You weren't answering the door, I was there for like, five whole minutes!"

He sat up nervously,
"M-my bad,"

There was a short silence.

"So how'd you like the chapter?" He asked anxiously.

"It was great! I really enjoyed the character interactions, and the art was amazing as always,"

He could feel himself starting to sweat.
"And...?"

You gave him a cheeky grin,
"And I would love to go out with you, Tenma,"

You sat on the bed with him, holding his hands in yours, bringing your face close to his.

His face went bright red as he closed his eyes, bracing for impact.

The kiss you shared melted him, making him feel all of his stressors dissolve. The deadlines, the pain in his wrist, all of it washed away.

It surprised you how into the kiss he was, but you enjoyed it nonetheless.

When you pulled away, he was still red as a beet, and to be honest it was quite cute.

Part of him still couldn't believe that he got to date you, but that part of him would have to get the memo soon, because you were gonna be a permanent part of his life.

• very slight implied spiciness

"Tenma-san, could I ask why you're limping?"

The manga artist looked at Akaashi, a blush forming on his cheeks.

"No..."

• if y'all find an udai tenma x male reader book lmk