28

I should probably post on my other fics ☠️
__________________________________

All you felt was a burst of pain before everything went dark. You had many regrets, but there wasn't much you could do about it now.

Sugawara rushed over to the hospital as fast as he could. Part of him didn't want to believe that the accident even happened, it just seemed so unnatural! When he got there, he found a long black haired male waiting there already. He sat down next to him. Not a word was spoken between them, both of their heads preparing for bad news.

A white haired boy rushed into the waiting room, and speed walked to the receptionist.

"I'm here to see (f/n) (l/n),"

"And you are?"

He showed the receptionist his phone,
"I'm his emergency contact,"

The receptionist called for someone, and they led the short man to your room. As soon as he got in, he rushed to your side, holding onto your hand.

Your eyes fluttered open, blinded by a bright white light.

'Did I... die? Did I go to the good place or the bad place? Or maybe no place?'

Your eyes adjusted to the light, and you tilted your head to see your childhood best friend, sleeping in a chair next to your bed, holding onto your hand.

"...Korai? What are you doing here?"

His eyes shot open, and he let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm your emergency contact, dummy,"

"...emergency? Did I get hit by a-"

"You got hit by a car,"

You paused for a moment, and looked at your broken body, bound to the hospital bed.

"Well, it looks like I got the short end of the stick...SHIFT! HAHA- OW"

It hurt to laugh, and you felt his grip on your hand tighten.

"How can you make a joke like that! I was really worried y'know?"

You noticed water droplets fall onto your hospital gown.

"Korai..."

"I've known you for so long... I don't know what I'd do if you..."

You winced at the pain as you moved your other hand to his face, but you powered through it. You wiped a tears from his face,
"It's alright Korai, I'm never gonna die!"

He laughed softly,
"God, you're so unserious..."

He stayed by your side until he was told to leave by the nurse, who told him that they needed to check on you. He walked out into the waiting room, and locked eyes with your two friends, and then noticed the third orange haired friend.

"What are you three doing here?"

"We're here for (f/n),"

"IS HE OKAY?"

The white haired male sighed,
"He's fine, still his usual self. You three should go home, only family and emergency contacts can visit right now,"

The three of them looked disappointed, but there wasn't much they could do, so they ended up leaving, hoping that your condition wouldn't decline.

"So what'd they say?"

Your emergency contact took his place by the side of your bed, once again holding onto your hand.

You sighed,
"I'm gonna have to use a wheelchair for a while. I'll have to find someone to help me with-"

"I'll do it,"

You looked at him with disbelief.

"What?"

He tightened his grip on your hand.

"I'll do it."

"But Korai, what about volleyball? I couldn't ask you to-"

"I'm not gonna argue with you on this, we'll figure something out, we always do,"

You hummed in response, a smile forming on your face as you drifted off to sleep.

Throughout your hospitalization, you were visited by your parents, who flew over from their work abroad. You assured them that you'd be fine on your own, after all, you'd have Korai to help you out.

Soon, your other friends were able to visit, bringing bouquets upon bouquets of flowers with them.

"Yknow Koushi, this could totally be a good experience for kids to learn about wheelchairs!"

You were expecting a response, but instead you gazed into his tired eyes, which soon turned angered.

"I can't believe you'd do something like that! Risking your life? Just when I finally remembered you, you were gonna leave me!"

"How much sleep did you get last night?"

"What does that matter?"

"Koushi."

He looked off to the side,
"Maybe an hour or two..."

You sighed, and motioned for him to sit down next to you. When he did, you pulled his head onto your shoulder, and gently ran your hand over his head.

"Sleep,"

"But-"

"Shhhhh,"

Sugawara was convinced you were a supernatural being at that point, as just your voice was enough to lull him to sleep.

"(F/N)! IM-"

"SHHHHH,"

You silenced the energetic orange, and he nodded his head in understanding, seeing Sugawara passed out on your shoulder. He looked at you expectantly, and you sighed, nodding. He beamed at you, and was bold enough to get into your hospital bed and snuggling up to you.

"You sure you should be doing something like that?"

He pouted,
"What? The bed's big enough, and I missed doing this with you. We used to do it all the time!"

"Okay then, but don't say it like that,"

You weren't gonna lie, it wasn't very comfortable, but you were content. A few hours later, and visitation hours were coming to an end. You gently woke up the two Karasuno alumni, who felt like they had just slept in heaven. Even Sugawara, who slept on your shoulder, couldn't help but feel like he slept the best he had in months.

(IF YOU SAW WHAT USED TO BE HERE NO YOU DIDNT)

"5 more minutes..."

"Cmon Shoyo, you don't want to be taken away by the guards, right?"

He pouted for a moment, but he knew you were right. Soon they both left, and you were alone in your hospital room. And you fell asleep, with no men to interrupt.
__________________________________

BE SURE TO VOTE WHEN I POST THE POLL