Sugawara Koushi Ending (edited)

Sugawara loved you so much more than you'd think, but he felt as though he didn't deserve to confess to you, to be with you. He'd forgotten all about you, he'd caused so much suffering to you! But that never stopped him from imagining being with you.

Waking up in the morning by your side, giving each other a kiss before the day began, and maybe some other things as well, but I won't be getting into that.

If only he'd been better, if only he hadn't forgotten you. Then maybe, just maybe, he could've had the life he'd dreamed about.

"Morning, Koushi! How'd you sleep last night?"

"Not too well,"

You placed a coffee mug in front of him,
"That's too bad. But luckily enough, I got you coffee with extra caffeine! It should give you the extra kick you need,"

He smiled warmly, taking a sip from the hot coffee. You were always so thoughtful, whoever you ended up with was going to be so lucky.

"Thanks, (f/n),"

He got a smile in return that made his heart skip a beat before you left to your office.

Another teacher grinned smugly at him,
"You're in love with him, aren't you?"

He almost spat out his coffee,
"N-no I'm not!"

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. I'm rooting for you two though!"

Sugawara just nodded slowly, a very apparent blush on his cheeks.

"Alright everyone, have a nice day!"

He waved to his students as they left, each one of them saying goodbye to him. Spending time with these kids made him feel like he wanted some of his own, but would you want any?

Wait, why was he thinking about if you would want any? The two of you weren't even dating yet!

But he couldn't stop himself from imagining making a family with you. Eating together as a family, watching a movie together, tucking them into bed.

He sighed, knowing that these dreams were much to big for someone like him.

He to his desk, filing away papers to be graded later, and typing up a lesson plan for the coming month. He enjoyed teaching, but there were some parts he enjoyed less.

"Typing lesson plans, eh?"

He let out a sigh of exhaustion,
"Yeah... I was going to do it earlier this week, but I kept procrastinating,"

You blinked,
"You? Procrastinating?"

He rolled his eyes,
"Yeah yeah, I know. This weeks just been weird,"

You hummed,
"Mmm, I get that. Tell you what, how about you give me a general idea of what you want to do, and I'll type it out for you?"

He was a tad shocked by your proposal.

"Really? You'd do that?"

He got a bright smile in response.

"Anything for you, Koushi!"

He blushed slightly, and explained his lesson plans to you. You cracked your knuckles before getting to typing, and he could barely believe his eyes as you churned out a lesson plan with a similar style to his previous ones.

"I can't thank you enough, (f/n)!"

"Ah don't mention it. Oh, I think I left something in my office!"

You stood up and walked to the door,
"Also, you should check your desk drawer before you leave for the day,"

He nodded, and watched as you hesitantly left. It was a bit odd, but when was life not odd?

Slowly, he opened the drawer to his desk, finding a small note inside. Did one of his kids put it there? Or did you?

He opened the note, and could barely believe his eyes.

"Please go out with me!"
-from (l/n) (f/n)

It wasn't the smoothest pickup line he'd heard, but that didn't matter to him in that moment as he ran to your office.

You were definitely shocked to see him, unsure of whether or not he accepted your confession. But your worries were washed away when his arms and legs wrapped around you. You wobbled a bit, unsure of whether or not you could sustain his weight.

"Woah there Koushi! I was hoping for an emotional reaction, but I didn't expect this!"

He promptly hopped off of you, a little bit embarrassed.

"So does that mean you'll..?"

You waited for his response.

"Of course it does, (f/n)!"

You couldn't help yourself from kissing him, it wasn't too long, but it definitely wasn't short. When you pulled away, there was a small grin on his face.

"I've been waiting for you to do that for so long!"

"Same here,"

Maybe dreams do come true. At least for Sugawara Koushi, they did.

He groaned as he woke up, feeling immense pain in his lower region and back.

Coincidentally, he noticed that his clothes had miraculously disappeared, and after a bit of examination, he found them haphazardly strewn about the floor.

Did you two...? Judging by the ache he had, you definitely did.

You walked into the room wearing comfortable clothes,
"How you feeling, Koushi?"

"Emotionally amazing, physically horrible,"

He heard you chuckle before you placed a kiss on his forehead.

"Let me help you into something more comfortable,"

You helped dress him up in some of your spare comfy clothes, then began walking to the door,
"You rest up now. I'll make us some breakfast,"

He curled up in the blankets,
"Thanks!"

Oh he was definitely going to enjoy life with you.

__________________________________
Inspired by crystaldealer_ ! I made it a bit spicier at the end