33

I'm getting you out of the wheelchair! What other tragedy do you want (f/n) to face? I will NOT be giving you depression btw but I might make you sad for a while. Or I might make the other characters sad idk
__________________________________

A month or two had passed since the accident, and you had made a miraculous recovery. Although you had to be in a wheelchair for a while, after going to physical therapy regularly, and practicing by yourself, you were able to walk on your own again.

When Korai woke up, he noticed that you weren't by his side. He was immediately alarmed, worried that something had happened to you, but his worries were dissolved when he saw you walk into the room with two cups of tea.

You handed him a cup,
"Morning Korai! Guess what?"

Although he knew what you were getting at, he decided to indulge you.

"What?"

You set your cup down and stood up, giving him a view of your legs, which were able to support your weight.

"I can walk again! No more wheelchair! Hopefully..."

He congratulated you enthusiastically, but on the inside, he was distraught. What would happen to him? Sure he could go back to the way things were before,  but he didn't want that! Before the accident, the two of you barely got to spend any time together, and although you texted frequently, it just wasn't the same.

As much as he didn't want to admit it, he was glad you got hit by the car. Not in the sense of you being in pain, but the way it let him be by your side. These thoughts pained him. How could he have been glad that such a horrible thing happened to you? Was he really even your friend?

"...Korai? Korai? HELLOOOOOO"

You broke him from his thoughts.

"You alright there? You were zoning out there,"

He took a sip from the tea,
"I'm...fine,"

You seemed skeptical of his statement, but decided to ignore it. You handed him a small box.

"I got you a present! For all the help you've given me,"

He set his cup down, and somberly opened the box. Although he would soon be leaving you, at least he'd get a keepsake from you.

But instead of a keepsake, there was a key.

His eyes widened as he pulled out the key, looking at you with disbelief.

"I know you already have a key to the house, but I wanted to make it more official! I've really enjoyed my time living with you, and if you'd like, I'd like to continue that,"

He continued to stare at the key.

"(F/n)... are you sure? I know you like having your own space away from everyone, are you really sure you want me to live with you?"

You chugged your tea before answering,
"Of course I do! Yes, I do enjoy my personal time, but I can still have that while living with you! Plus, the time I've spent living here with you has been so much fun! I'd totally miss you if you left,"

"If you say so (f/n)... but no takebacks!"

You laughed and playfully punched him,
"Of course not!"

Although you didn't sleep in the same bed with him anymore, Korai was happy to be with you. He enjoyed coming home from practice, to be greeted by you, and he hoped that would always be the case, although he knew there was a large chance it wouldn't.

He just wished he had the courage to confess to you, but the risk was too high. Even if he couldn't be your lover, he'd be fine if he could remain your best friend.

"I'm home!"

"Welcome back Korai! Dinner's almost ready,"

He wished he could store these memories away, so that one day, he could replay them, and hold them forever.

__________________________________

Omg i thought of something bad to happen to you it will probs happen in one or two chapters