20

__________________________________

It was your day off, but working in the education system meant that a lot of the time, work ended up following you home. You looked at a shopping list you had, and decided that it'd be more fun to go with someone. You took out your phone and scrolled through your contact list, finding the man you wanted to shop with. You pressed the call button, and before the first ring, he had already picked up.

"Hey Sugawara,"

"Hey (f/n), how are you?"
He sounded almost out of breath, but you didn't comment on that.

"Im doing good, how about you?"

"Oh I'm doing fine! Everything's fine! So why'd you call?"

You took another look at your shopping list,
"I needed to buy some gym equipment for the school, and I wanted to ask if you'd like to come w-"

"Yes! When do you want to go?"

You were a bit surprised by his enthusiasm, considering how overworked teachers can be, thinking that he'd most likely want to spend his day off in peace.

"How about in an hour?"

"Sounds good! See you then!"

He hung up on you, which you were a little hurt by, but laughed off.

An hour had passed, and you arrived to Sugawara's residence, pulling up at the curb to pick him up. The door opened, and you saw him panicking at the doorway, struggling to get his shoes on. You pretended to ignore it, not wanting to embarrass him, and eventually he was able to get in the car.

"You ready?"

"Yup!"

You gave him a quick look, and noticed that his fashion sense must have leveled up since the last time you had seen him, with him wearing a stylish outfit.

You drove in comfortable silence, making it to the store. You parked safely, and the two of you got out of the car, and walked in.

You whispered to Sugawara, who was looking around the familiar store,
"I know someone who works here, we should be able to get a discount!"

With that in mind, you grabbed the things you needed, and headed to check out. There you saw your inside person.

"Kiyoko! How're you doing!"

"Oh (f/n), it's always nice to see you around. I've been doing great,"

"And how's Tanaka?"

"Same old same old, you know, I never thought I'd marry someone from my Highschool, but here we are!"

She flashes her ring at you, making you glance at your own ring less hand,
"Maybe I should get married too..."

These words made Sugawara's mind wander to many different places, imagining what being married to you would be like, which was hopefully good. Then he started to wonder how you knew Kiyoko.