18

I WISH I COULD DISAPPEAR AND REAPPEAR IN A CLOUD OF BUTTERFLIES OR AT LEAST GLITTER BUT I CANT AND THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE
__________________________________

The next day you went into your temporary office, still not over how bougie it was. You decided to give it another look over, and found a suspicious looking button. It was red, which made you think it may only be for emergencies, so you told yourself not to press it. But the urge to press that button was one that even god couldn't defeat, and eventually you gave in. The button went down satisfyingly, and as it came up, you noticed that a part of your desk started to rise, and the raised section had what seemed to be a handle on it. You pulled on the handle, and opened the raised section, feeling a coolness emitting from it.

'A MINI FRIDGE? GODAMN'

You noticed a [drink] in the fridge, and took it out, sipping from it without thinking. It was ice cold, and felt very nice going down.

Just like that, you went through the employees, figuring out any problems they had. You heard a voice come from a speaker in your desk,
"Mr. (L/n)? That was the last batch of employees, you can leave whenever you feel ready,"

You didn't know if whoever was talking to you could hear anything, but you said thank you anyways, and you could swear you heard them giggle.

You packed up your stuff, and prepared to leave, but then you thought to yourself. You didn't have anything planned for the rest of the day, and this office is literally the dream, so why not stay for a while?

You sat down on your very comfortable chair, and rested your head on your arms on the large table, deciding to rest your eyes for a bit.

You woke up, your eyes fluttering open to the cool darkness of your office. As you started to sit up, you noticed a very soft blanket draped over your shoulders, and you silently thanked whoever gave it to you.

You walked out of your office, and headed towards the elevator. You walked in, and pressed a button to take you to the ground floor. You heard footsteps, and noticed an employee hurrying to the door. Being kind person you felt like being in that split second, you pressed a button to stop the doors from closing, letting the employee in.

As they got in, they took deep breaths, as they just Olympic sprinted in their.

"Thank you! I really didn't want to wait for another elevator, god forbid the stairs,"

"I get that,"

After a few moments, you stole a glance at your elevator mate.

"Kuroo?"

"Oh hey (f/n), how was work?"

"Oh it was fine, I took one of THE BEST naps I've had in a while,"

"Sounds nice,"

"It was,"

The awkward small talk ended, and both of you were just standing there in the elevator, hoping that it'd go faster. Luckily, the elevator door had reached its destination, and both of you got out after nodding goodbye.

You sat down in your car seat, and sighed as you put your seatbelt on.

'Goodbye perfect office'

You started the car, and looked around to make sure you wouldn't back into someone. But outside the drivers window, you saw a man staring right at you. You panic and swung the door open, hitting them.

They fell to the ground, and you got out of the car to make sure you didn't just kill someone.

"Wow, I knew you were mad, but not that mad,"

"KUROO??? WHAT WERE YOU DOING???"

You helped him up,

"Well, I was gonna ask you for a ride, my cars all out of gas,"

"Oh well sure, what's your address?"

As he told you his address, you put it into your GPS, and got in your car, motioning for him to do the same.

You pulled out of the parking lot, and made it onto the main road.

"I'm glad you were able to get a job relating to volleyball, it's nice being able to work for your passion,"

He nervously tapped his fingers on his bag that was resting on his lap, not knowing if you were still a little pissed off at the ghosting.

"Yeah, and I get to work with a lot of old friends as well,"

"Like me! Actually, not like me,"

His mind started to race, were you not his friend anymore? It'd be understandable because of how he ghosted you, but he couldn't stand the thought.

"Look, Im sorry,"

You kept your eyes on the road, your grip on the wheel tightening,
"For what?"

You signaled for a right turn, the sound of the blinking signal filling the car,
"For not keeping in touch, I'm not sure why I did it, but I hope we can still be friends,"

You stopped the car,
"What are you talking about? Didn't I already tell you I forgave you?"

"But you said that-"

"By 'actually not me,' I meant that I didn't reconnect with you through volleyball, did you think I was mad?"

He nodded, and you started to laugh, much to his confusion,
"Never would I have ever thought I'd see THE Kuroo Tetsuro like this, oh man. This is your stop!"

He looked around to see that you had parked where he lived, and unbuckled his seatbelt.

"Thanks for the ride,"

"No problem! Now don't go stressing out about the past,"

He nodded and waved to you with a smile, which you reciprocated. As soon as he was out of your sight, you let out a large sigh. That whole situation was too awkward for you to handle, it's hard finding a good response to apologies.

You reversed into the road, and drove off home, another week of school, another week of work. At least you had your friends though.
__________________________________
I am going to make an environment that is SO awkward