43

IM SORRY FOR EXPOSING YOUR EYES TO THAT ONE PART OF THE LAST CHAPTER I PROMISE IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN (I'm lying(ish))
__________________________________

"We just don't see why this school in particular deserves the discretionary funds, it seems like it's well off enough,"

"Well that's just because you're not the one who has to work here!"

Is what Sugawara wished he was able to retort with. Instead he sat anxiously at the school board meeting, hoping things would go smoothly, which they weren't.

He wished he was able to speak up, but seeing as he's only been working at the school for about a year, he knew he wouldn't be taken too seriously.

"If that's all then, we'll move on to the new curriculum that'll be rolling out next year,"

Suddenly the door was flung open,
"That is in fact NOT all. I have some strong opinions about those discretionary funds, and someone's going to listen,"

The superintendent groaned.

You rested your hands on the desk in front of him, leaning close,
"You didn't really try to have this meeting without me, did you?"

He rolled his eyes,
"That is literally the only reason I held this meeting now,"

You gazed deeply into his eyes,
"I think you know what you want,"

The man just sighed,
"Fine. You get your discretionary funds,"

You removed yourself from his desk with a smile,
"There, that wasn't so hard, was it?

You walked over to Sugawara and sat next to him.

"What did you-? how did you-?"

"I caught him stealing three years ago, the perfect blackmail!"

"Then why'd you do all that... extra stuff?"

Your face went a tinge pink,
"I was... in a mood. Don't mention it again, it's embarrassing!"

'BUT YOU LITERALLY JUST DID THAT'

Then he realized something that mattered a little more,
"You're back!"

You gave him your signature smile (pretend you have one if you don't),
"Yeah, having some time away from everything really helped,"

You could see the multitude of thoughts running through his head, and you put a stop to them.

"Before you say anything, you don't have to apologize. I was the one acting out of line with that outburst. Water under the bridge, right?"

Something about that didn't really sit right with him, but he decided to keep his mouth shut for now.

The board meeting soon ended, and you said your goodbyes to Sugawara, bracing yourself for the hardest part of your day.

See, you haven't even gone to your house yet. When you heard about the board meeting, you went straight to the school.

When you got to the door, you slowly inserted the key, trying to be as quiet as possible.

But as soon as you entered, you were tackled to the ground.

"Jeez Korai, did you miss me that much?"

"YES!"

You gave him a pat on the back, and soon felt yourself being lightly punched in the stomach.

"DON'T EVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT AGAIN! You didn't reply to any of my calls or texts, and you didn't even tell me where you went! What if you died?"

You could hear a hiccup emerge from the white haired man, and your nose twitched at the familiar scent.

"Korai... are you drunk?"

"MAYBE! But that doesn't matter! Promise you won't do something like that again!"

You ran your hand over his back soothingly,
"I promise. And I'm sorry for leaving like that, it definitely wasn't my strongest moment,"

"You're damn right it wasn't,"

Drunken steps quickly approached, and soon another volleyball player was collapsed on you.

"Hey there Shoyo, still sleeping on my couch?"

He hummed in response.

'Why are they always drunk. Why is someone always drunk,'

You used all of your might to stand up while carrying the two, which was no easy task (or maybe it was Idk if ur that strong).

You brought them both to the couch, snatching their alcoholic beverages away and hiding them.

"I'm gonna get my things sorted out, try and get yourselves to bed while I'm doing that,"

They spoke incoherently and giggled to each other, and you just hoped that they weren't scheming anything in their drunken state.

When you went back to your living room, you were definitely shocked to see that it looked like a little girl's slumber party, with blankets and pillows strewn about.

Korai and Hinata quickly approached you, dragging you to their pillow fort.

"Y'all are grown ass men,"

Korai stuck his tongue out,
"Aw, don't be like that. I know you wanna join us,"

"Okay maybe you're right, but still,"

Hinata rested his head on your shoulder,
"C'mon (f/n), it'll be fun!"

Korai decided to copy the orange haired man, resting his head on your other shoulder,
"Yeah, relax a bit. You owe me for leaving like that!"

You could feel heat rising up to your cheeks,
'What is happening. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON. Do they want to- NO THATS IMPOSSIBLE'

You ended up joining them in their pillow fort, in which they immediately passed out. You wanted to get up and go to your bed, but the three of you were arranged in such a way that if you got up, you'd definitely wake them both, so you ended up being trapped in between two volleyball players.

'Maybe I should've stayed with Kita...'

__________________________________

Ouuu I'm afraid this is starting to turn into more of a crack fic than it already was