The time capsule

Pretty long note full of thanks and ideas at the end of the chapter!
_______________________

Today, when they woke up, everyone ran to everyone, a grouped hug was made and a lot of tears were shared.

Why?
Because today was their last day at Hogwarts.

They never thought this day would've come so fast, yet here they are. But Regulus was even sadder: he was going to be all alone for his last year. He was the one who cried the most, even when Y/N assured him that he could come to the Potter's at every break until she finds her own home.

They still couldn't believe that their adventure was coming to an end.
None of them wanted to leave, they had memories and created their own family here.

Even McGonagall cried at the idea of letting them go, even though she said that she just had something in her eyes and that she wasn't crying.

So, they had an idea: making a time capsule.
Everyone put a thing they were attached to, even Regulus, in that capsule and they buried it where they were sure to be able to find it when they'll come back for it.

The capsule contained some books, Y/N, Remus and Regulus had put, some notes that were exchanged during classes, some plans of the Marauders' biggest pranks during these seven years, some pictures of them that everyone agreed on putting it in and some of their greatest memories written down on a piece of paper and signed by each.

Y/N wrote that her greatest memory was to find her family and wrote 'apart from seeing Reggie completely drunk for the first time' right under it;
Lily wrote that it was her first day, knowing that she'd met wonderful persons and so did she;
Marlene and Dorcas wrote that all of these seven years were full of memories and that they couldn't chose one;
Mary wrote that it was when she started being friend with every one of them;
Remus wrote that it was when Y/N came to comfort him and so began their friendship;
Sirius wrote that it was being helped by Y/N to get Remus, he wrote that it was wonderful to listen to her advice and that no one else than her could help you get your crush;
James wrote that it was when he met the girls, he also wrote that they are wonderful persons. (Then the boys got offended and he added them to the list of wonderful persons as well);
And Regulus wrote that his greatest memory was receiving Y/N's letter everyday and how excited yet scared he felt when he first answered to her.

Once the capsule was well buried, they promised that they'd come back in twenty years to open it.

But what they didn't know was that none of them would be able to come back...

------------

Hi! This is the end of this fanfiction! It took me so much joy and so much pain to write it and I'm sad to end it today...
Thank you to anyone, reading this. Thanks for reading this fanfiction for all its 83 chapters!
I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it...!

I was thinking about a volume 2 but I don't think I'll take as much pleasure writing it since it wouldn't be with any of them alive, and I'll have to make the golden trio or the twins (or create a child that Y/N would have with Regulus but he couldn't find out or something... My mind is fucked up rn
Update now that I'm re-reading it: I won't do that child thingy wtf was I thinking two months ago💀) to find the time capsule and open it but I can't imagine how to continue it after that. If I have the motivation to write that kind of thing someday, I'll add it here as some kind of an extra chapter.

Thanks again for reading this fanfiction 'till the end!

I love you all with a lot of non weird love,
Millie. <8