Part-6

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

They finished their dinner and Teja took a cone of ice cream and went out of the restaurant with him following her.

She was about to turn to go to the loft lobby when she realised that the footsteps were not behind her.

She turned back immediately and saw that he was standing at the entrance of the hotel and was looking at her. She frowned and took a bite of the ice cream and walked towards him.

"What happened?" She frowned.

"Nothing I'll go for a walk....i was just waiting for you to go into the lift...." He said politely.

Such a gentleman he was.

"Oh...." She muttered and stood there awkwardly.

As much as she wanted to go with him but she knew he won't ask her and she didn't want to ask by herself.

"You wanna come?" He asked tilting his face.

She looked at him immediately.

"Because you went out for a walk that night in malaga so i though you like it...." He said almost immediately to justify himself.

"I don't mind...." She muttered under her breath.

"Chalein?" He said looking at her face carefully.

She nodded and went out of the hotel and he followed with both his palm into his pockets.

They walked silently along the pavement and he would kick imaginary stones lazily while walking. Typical kid.

She looked at him from the corner of her eyes and smiled.

He noticed her smile and got conscious immediately.

"Ummm....the view is nice nuh?" He said breaking the silence pointing at a building with amazing architecture.

"Yeah...." She said carelessly and had a bite of the ice cream.

"Let's click a picture?" He said trying to hide his restlessness and cover the awkwardness in his voice.

"Umm....you stand....i will click your picture...." She said politely asking for his phone.

"No we can take a selfie right?" He said getting nervous.

He knew why she was refusing. How else would he justify his actions? He just wanted to stay away from her and the once or twice he actually didn't stay away or was consciously watching over his mouth , he had ended up with loose talks.

Like he had ended up calling her laddoo. He couldn't deny that he found her chubby cheeks adorable. And he actually thought she looked like a laddoo. But he had no intentions of calling her that. He was not careful and ended up saying it. So it was better to stay away. But here he was walking with her alone through the streets of Madrid and asking for the selfie. Great.

"You don't have to just for the sake of it....i know why you are doing this....i didn't feel bad...." She said politely.

"Listen it's just that...." He said immediately. "I knew them from before and i take time to open upto people or for that matter even gel with people...."

"You knew aneri?" She asked raising her brows. She knew he did not. Aneri was a close friend of hers and she had told her whom she knew from before.

"No but...." Before he could complete she cut him off.

"Exactly...." She rolled her eyes and started walking ahead.

He closed his eyes and sighed and jogged till he reached her.

"Okay sorry....can we take a picture?" He asked.

"No...." She said sternly.

"Wahi won't mind he is pretty chill and we are very good friends...." He said chuckling silently earning a glare from her.

"Can we?please?" He asked like a kid.

"Fine...." She stopped walking and posed like a goofy kid showing of her half eaten ice cream and he quickly clicked a selfie of them with his tongue out.

"Are you like this with everyone or just with me because you don't like me or something...." She asked casually as they started to walk again.

"Like what?and who said i don't like you?why will i dislike someone without any reason?" He frowned.

"Like this reserved introvert guy....i have seen you smile and laugh with others....and honestly you look better of doing that...." She said honestly.

He chose to stay silent. He didn't have any answer. Everything about her was scary. Her every small words or actions reminded him of himself. And he knew if he dared to go close to her , either she will leave one day too or she will judge once she gets to know about people's opinion about him.

There was a side to him that also felt protective towards her. He knew one day the world will take advantage of her innocence and kindness as well. The world didn't deserve so much goodness. It is the survival of the fittest and of the most selfish as well in all probability.

"Why are you quiet?" She asked nudging him with her elbow bringing her out of his trance.

"Nothing...." He muttered under his breath.

"So care to tell me...." She said again as they turned around to go back to the hotel.

"There's nothing to say....people have different equations with different people...." He said casually.

"Oh...." She said crisply. His words had pinched her heart.

So he didn't have that equation with her. He had it with everyone. He was infact okay with building it with people he hadn't met before as well but just not her. The problem must be her.

Karan looked at her from the corner of his eyes. He knew that she was probably hurt with the way he had spoken. But what else was he gonna say anyway?

They reached the hotel in silence and went to their floor.

Ravi , Ritwik and wahi had just come down to the floor from a short visit to the terrace and saw them and greeted them.

Karan walked ahead with Ravi and Ritwik leaving Teja with Wahi. She silently went to her room.

"So nice romantic walk right?" He asked teasingly.

She stayed silent and swiped the card to open the lock.

"Kya ho gaya?chup kyun hai?" He nudged her shoulder with his shoulder.

"Stop it please....just stop it...." She whispered letting the tears fall down her cheeks startling Wahi.

"Oyee....what happened?" He asked getting taken aback and held her shoulder.

"His fun and real side is not for me okay?i am just a colleague and will remain a name in his following list once we go home...." She said gulping her saliva and controlling her sobs. "So please stop...."

"Oyee....stop crying....i'll....i'll talk to him...." He said trying to calm her down.

"No need please....let it be please....don't make it any more difficult for me...." She said and went inside her room and closed the door.

She sat on the floor leaning on the bed and cried her heart out and she didn't know why. She clearly had a crush on him and it was hurting her immensely. And she didn't know what to do. How to stop herself from getting hurt any more.